• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Okto Research dac8 PRO and dac8 Stereo

Hi Pavel

Just to be sure: you do not support ASIO directly? So you don‘t have an ASIO driver? Even not for the DAC8 Pro?
I don‘t like ASIO4ALL and don‘t want to use consumer drivers...

Greetings

Christian

We do support ASIO, we just haven't purchased a customized driver with our logo and company name. However, besides ASIO4ALL, there is a 3rd party driver fully compatible with DAC8 PRO. Please e-mail us for more details.

What's the lead time for DAC8 pro right now?
Still the 1-2 months for a new order.

I emailed the company directly and no answer.
We received an e-mail from you on March 7th, which took us 1 business day to reply to. Not even a single business day passed before you posted this.

Pavel, Okto Research

Hello, I’m putting together a tri amped three way setup and looking at the DAC8 (pro?)
For DA conversion after DSP xo/eq/phase correction.

My Questions arise from the mention of inclusion of dsp in this (or a version of it)?

Is there a version now that could handle the full dsp functions and dacs all in one?

If not will this work directly connected (USB) to a Roon server (say Small Green Computer i5) doing the dsp. I’m looking for plug and play as I’m a computer idiot, I’d ideally like to be able to run the whole show networked through a iPad.

Any direction would be appreciated,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Homemade server/player - hardware based on a mini-ITX AM4 board & Athlon 3000G processor, software is DEBIAN with Mopidy / Mopidy-Spotify / Mopidy IRIS, with CamillaDSP as a convolution engine.

Currently I`m using it as a 2 channel DAC, but CamillaDSP is recognizing all 8 Channels - so CamillaDSP could be used for all channels easily.

Later on I plan to do 4-way CamillaDSP crossover...

Kr
J

Thanks Jona,
You are obviously much more capable in the computerized aspect of music reproduction than I am, what I’m trying to do is build a new 2.2 setup with dsp/xo (triamped) without having to write code! So far I’m looking at the small green computer sonicTransporter i5 (dedicated Linux,Roon server,hqplayer) which would be multi channel usb out......just trying to figure out if the dac8pro would be plug and play in that situation. It does say somewhere in octodac literature that it’s up to the consumer to make sure it’s the ‘right’ usb format.

Bob

Hello, I’m putting together a tri amped three way setup and looking at the DAC8 (pro?)
For DA conversion after DSP xo/eq/phase correction.

My Questions arise from the mention of inclusion of dsp in this (or a version of it)?

Is there a version now that could handle the full dsp functions and dacs all in one?

If not will this work directly connected (USB) to a Roon server (say Small Green Computer i5) doing the dsp. I’m looking for plug and play as I’m a computer idiot, I’d ideally like to be able to run the whole show networked through a iPad.

Any direction would be appreciated,

Bob

Unfortunately, we don't have an all-in-one DAC+DSP product at this time. However, Roon should be capable of doing the processing for you. Then yes, the DAC8 PRO will work with the Roon server to do the conversion of up to 8 processed channels.

Kind regards
Pavel

Hello Pavel,

I tried you guys via your contact form in the website and no response so far. I sent another yesterday and 1 pm right now to you. I really hope you guys are doing well !!

My interest is on purchasing 1 unit of DAC8 pro with custom output. Can I safely order right now in your website ? Are you open for business ?

best regards, stay safe
Pepe