Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi sunil,

I am not sure. But this amplifier may be pretty tricky, depending on opamps and power devices used.

Anyway, I would strongly suggest to buy some oscilloscope, at least with 20MHz BW, to anyone who wants to build any power amplifier. It is a must for any DIYer to use an oscilloscope, and I cannot imagine to work with DMM only. It is a fortune game without the oscilloscope.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I assume there is a reason he removed them from his site.

I think we can rule out the practical side, as Jan obviously still have active site with schematics, and Lynx not being among them

but might be because the design got rather bad reputation
either caused by some trying to use 'better' components
or the known issues with fake components
or both
or it might also be sensible to component variations
but I really dont know what it is

I can imagine it would be very 'annoying' to constantly hear about that
and it could relate to his new situation, working with Mantra Sound
maybe he just want it to go away

but its pretty bad that we have had GB's, and not having any schematic or manual
really ought to be somewhere, in here

btw
I remember there was also nice construction manual, with many good details about components, adjustment, etc

I'm ready to build mine too_One question about the output trannies in the Bom you need the MJL21194/21293 pairs but I've the MJL4281A/4302A Pairs.Can I use those as well and what's the differents between those two?A friend said to me that the MJL21194/21193 seems to make your amp faster.Ed, do you've the BOM of this amp now?Happy to send it over to you.

Success in DIYing LYNX 3.0 with OPA627

Dear Jan,
I hearby report my successful DIY of LYNX 3.0 with OPA627.

I'm listening various kinds of music with LYNX 3.0 for 2 days.
It works perfectly and it sounds really great. I think it is based on OPA627 that has a good reputation and the OPA627 is a kind of favorite to Japanese, Korean or Chinese.

1_Working_LYNX.JPG

I'm sorry that my English is a ittle bit poor.

I have been making LYNX 3.0 over 1 year fully and it was a hard working. A lot of trial and error. Other reason for a year is I'm a totally amature so I don't have much time to focus on it.

1_LYNX_3.0_testing.JPG

I feel sad when I recently found that your site does not offer the schematics and Quick assembly guide anymore. I don't know whether there was a personal reason or other problem.

Anyway, I want to be a help to other person who wants to make or had tried to make LYNX3.0 but already gave up because of malignant oscillaltion.

I made LYNX 3.0 with components as your recommendation (Component list in Quick assembly guide)

There are several points to sucess to make LYNX 3.0.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.