• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jokener, I have (don't pay!) against my name on the spreadsheet.
I assume that was because of the query about the end caps.
I now see Farnell has stated the price is correct so I will not order any endcaps as I think they are too expensive. Thank you for enquiring anyway.
Is it ok for me to pay now?

@Mango: Yes, you can pay.

@fireworks: Please check the spreadsheet and the thread.
Yes, I ship to Switzerland. Yes, you can add Mouser parts.
(Just don't order one kit and 30€ worth of single parts for me to sort...)

Shipping depends on weight. It should be 8€ or 17€, depending on weight (500g limit for 8€, I believe).

@RocketScientist: I will check with stotronics on Monday.
Today I drove 500 miles, I didn't get to spend much time on the interwebs.
But we'll find something adequate.

@all others: noted.

Sorry I've been a bit slow to answer, but I may be in for 1 kit, 1 case & 1 ac adapter (like I've said before), just add 1 Solder 590-4890-18G and 1 De-Soldering Wick Braid 577-1810-5F
I'll confirm (or not :() by paying tomorrow.

As for the construction, I hope I'll manage... I've got some irons at home but I'm afraid they will be a bit too powerful for this, would this kind of cheap iron do the trick ?
With that I'll just buy a cheap multimeter for checking purposes. Too bad I can't buy a steady hand. :p

Hi
I have one of those soldering stations at home. When i read the fine print i found out that its not ESD protected and it's really slow to heat up so it's not much fun to use. Maybe i'm just spoiled with the fancy equipment we have at school but this station is poor and not worth the price in my opinion.

I would personally recommend to spend more on the station directly if you have plans to continue in the DIY arena. Maybe you can find something second hand? The Weller stations are usually good if you find one second hand to reduce the price, velleman is the low budget copy brand. They usually work but are also a bit slow and not as robust.

I would recommend to either by a better station directly or just by a simple pen. The pen will probably have just about the same performance as the station you linked to but a third of the price.

Sorry I've been a bit slow to answer, but I may be in for 1 kit, 1 case & 1 ac adapter (like I've said before), just add 1 Solder 590-4890-18G and 1 De-Soldering Wick Braid 577-1810-5F
I'll confirm (or not :() by paying tomorrow.

As for the construction, I hope I'll manage... I've got some irons at home but I'm afraid they will be a bit too powerful for this, would this kind of cheap iron do the trick ?
With that I'll just buy a cheap multimeter for checking purposes. Too bad I can't buy a steady hand. :p

Hey Jokener,
just wanted to ask if you've already noticed my order since I'm not yet in the list?

If not, here's what I wanted (nothing has changed since my original post (#297)):
2x Kit --> but both times the 15K instead of 10K Alps Poti, please!
2x Enclosure B3-080RD (not the B2), 2x red, if not available then in this order: blue - silver - black
2x Female RCA Jack Gold Red Insulator 568-NYS367-2
2x Female RCA Jack Gold White Insulator 568-NYS367-9
2x Vertical Mount 1/4" 3 Conductor Phone Jack 568-NJ3FD-V
2x Apem 420113A1/4 Knob 642-420113A1/4 (no problem with ordering these, or is there? if so we'll drop them)

Thanks again! :)

edit: Shipping to AUT (EU)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.