• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have called a supplier here in the Netherlands about 50 suitable transformers (with a cord, so no wall wart) with 15 VAC secondary, around 10 VA. I explained them what it was for, and they thought it should be possible to keep the price below 15 euros a piece. I am anxiously awaiting my quote. So it seems like we're going to have choices instead of a problem...

Hi, last update to my order before I pay.

would it be possible to get the color coded jacks instead of the kit ones? (blue/green)

Extras:

1 x 60/40 solder
1 x desolder wick braid

from mouser:

3 x 1710-0725 - DC Power Connectors DC POWER 2.5MM
3 x 806-STPX-3501-3C - Phone Connectors 3.5mm 3P STEREO JACK PNL MNT THREADED
1 x 10TC405 - Toggle Switches SPST ON-OFF STD LVR
4 x 568-NYS231B - Phone Connectors 3.5MM TRS PLUG Black/Silver REAN

@daich: I'll update your order shortly.

@timpert: Lookin' forward to hearing about the quote once it comes in!

@Kalin: received and updated!

@all: I'll be out of town with my girl for the weekend. Expect me back sometime Sunday afternoon.
I will check in here once or twice a day, but don't count on it for important things.
You can reach me via eMail. Simply check the spreadsheet and exchange the '@web.de' in my PayPal address for '@me.com'.
Those emails arrive directly on my phone...

Oh, and since 5 people contacted me via PM to order parts: Pleas order in this thread.
That way all the orders are in one place and potentially obvious answers can be given by other people than me...
It just makes life easier for me (and therefore for you as well ^^).

Last edited:
hy
thanks for counting me in. if still possible a last additional change in my order. i will pay when the transformer discusion is settled. if it´s possible for the 15€ im in if not i´ll search locally.

Update:
1x 595-OPA2277PA
2x 595-TLE2062CP

1x 568-NJ3FD-V
1x 568-NYS367-2
1x 568-NYS367-9

1x 590-4890-18G
1x 577-1810-5F
1x 450-BA760

thank you very much!!!!!!
have a nice WE!

edit: thanks wintermute, correted.

Last edited:
@Jokener: Just to make sure, in your signature you've stated Sunday, the 19th as deadline, but the 19th actually is Monday... So is it Sunday or Monday? Just don't want to miss the train as I assume you'll add me to the list when you come back from your weekend trip and i'm usually not at home on sunday afternoons...

BTW... Have a nice trip

@ilijatg: no problem, I'll add the parts. Should be uploaded within the hour.

@alworx: I'll add you before I get going.
And I'll do the occasional updates, too.
I just won't be able to jump on the forum every time I receive an email notification of new posts in this thread.

And in case someone decides to jump on board Sunday night:
Sum up your parts costs, add 1€ for envelope/ESD/foam, add 15€ shipping (worst case) and then 5% on top of the total for PayPal...
That will be more money then necessary, but it's just bad luck if someone finds this GB Sunday night...
Everybody else WILL see the correct amount the same day they post here and definately before the deadline.

The custom trafos are ok with me but I like the lower price for the Timpert-trafos better.

Have you had any answer from Farnell for the high priced rubber caps?

When my price is fixed I'd like to pay.

I found out that a creditcard is not necessary anymore for a paypal account so payment by paypal is now oke for me.

cheers,
Lolke Wijtsma

Last edited:
And now to the last piece of bad news: 50 units cost 1400€, thats 28€ a pop.
If we want to do this, all of the current buyers would have to upgrade their orders and I would chip with the remaining three AC-adapters.
AND: We need to decide by sunday, because there is a one week lead-time. (Thats really not bad considering the order is rather tiny...)
Please don't send any additional money yet. Not before we have made a decision.

I'd be ok with the custom ones.

Will you ping/pm me in case action is required on my part? I will be probably mostly offline* until next weekend, so I won't get any news from this thread...(and no payment will be possible until then either....)

* behind that great firewall

@architect: Farnell is a big place. Apparently so large that it takes some time to find out about this.
But the customer service guy told me it's unlikely to be a mistake :-(

So you can send the money if you like, your price is final.
(Except for transformer-related things, everything is. And the transformers are separate from Mouser/Farnell, so later payment is possible for the transformers.)

And about price: I am buying transformers myself and don't want to waste money.
If we find decent quality units matching our specs for 15€ or less, they're on.
That's why I encouraged everybody to look for them and Timpert actually found a potential manufacturer.
We'll see what options we have in the end...

@all: orders noted.

Thanks for your input.
I'll wait and take opinions on the potential extra pice until Timpert has received the quote.

If that works out, I'll simply use 'his' transformer and everything is fine.
If that manufacturer decides they can't beat the 28€'s I have a quote for, I'll contact everybody that has placed an order for a transformer.
Then, and only then, you'll have to send additional money.
Unless more than 5 people (transformers) back out of it, I'll pick up the difference to 50 and sell them later.

@architect: I now have a final response from Farnell: Their price is high, they don't know why, they sell the feet like crack, so nothing will change...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.