• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@dontdiewondering; Do any of us owe you more in postage than we paid to BlueFusion?
It would be nice if this ended with you breaking even. Not just short of...

Also. Great little amp. Mine worked first try.

Dead silent when nothing is playing. Clear as day when something is... and so damn sensitive with nothing playing in the 6x (6.5x?) gain setting that I can hear the electronic noise from my source at full volume.

Those alternate parts that AussieAmpBloke sussed out and got for me work well.

I've yet to compare my alternate parts o2 to the one of the three that has the correct parts or the one that only has one part swapped... so I don't know if there is any audible difference.

Bugger me if he didn't transfer $499 into my account... Now the remaining $47.98 and a parcel in the post and things will be finished.

Could those people owed a refund please PM me their bank details and I will start paying out the refunds. Overseas guys PayPal info. Looks like its getting very much near the end!

Here we go...

Total postage for the GB $329.90
Refunds for plug packs owed by BF to the GB $520.00 (Could someone please confirm this number)
Additional items sold (income to me not including tips several people were kind enough to send, sorry for not publicly acknowledging earlier) $263.23
Items I have that are yet to be sold $39.69
Total outstanding owed by BF to the GB $ 546.98

What will happen now is I will get $546.95 in cash from BF and I will then contact people via PM for bank details (those with an Australian bank account) or PayPal details for those overseas and refund the money.

This will close then close the GB.

Questions?

Thank for picking up the mess that BF left, people like you is what make members proud to be a part of diyaudio. I still have received refund for the adapter. Also, order 2 kits, one for myself and one for my friend. I've finish my friends one on the weekend and had little time to test it out. But all I have to say is, I'm kinda really impress with the result. Now to the head ache, I've started soldering mine unit when I noticed that I have two negative regulator MC7912ACTG and zero positive regulator left. BF sent me two of the same voltage regulator, now I can't finish my kit. Can someone help me? I'm more than happy to pay for postage and cost.

Bugger me if he didn't transfer $499 into my account... Now the remaining $47.98 and a parcel in the post and things will be finished.

Could those people owed a refund please PM me their bank details and I will start paying out the refunds. Overseas guys PayPal info. Looks like its getting very much near the end!

Bugger me indeed! Astonishing in fact.

Hopefully the remaining parts aren't far behind :D

I wonder if BF can take a moment from his very busy and important lifestyle to give you a response ddw? :rolleyes::confused::mad:

In other, happier, news: there is new info out regarding oda/odac. The odac is backwards compatible and can be added inside the default B2-080 enclosure for the O2 in place of the battery supply. I might end up in the next GB after all ... I was thinking I would add a skeleton dac to my second O2 but this will fit more neatly. Perfect for an unimposing setup for my wife's desk.

Bugger me indeed! Astonishing in fact.

Hopefully the remaining parts aren't far behind :D

holy sh1t!

lets hope the Sun comes up tomorrow guys, i recommend you get your affairs in order

now iof he could actually do the job properly all will be right with the world..sort of...

methinks there are a few other loose ends yet, but wow..

indeed DDW you are the champion of this thread thats for sure and the way you handled things was for sure a great foil and directly disproportionate to the way BF screwed things up! kinda Zen really lol.

i'm really glad that there was a somewhat happy ending and that we didnt end up with a whole thread full of mostly new DIYA members thats first experience here was being ripped off blind

happy DIYing guys!! to be sure this will not be your last build and you never know, you might even one day end up building an amp just because its fun and sounds subjectively good and doesnt have to be the result of a flawed design; just one with a different...'objective'. distortion gets a bad wrap and i tend to want to avoid it, but it really is true that some of it sounds pretty damn good!! many of you have favorite tracks that are full of 2nd harmonic guitar or synth distortion and when you have more than one amp in the arsenal sometimes its nice for a change. i still prefer it to come from fets in a tuned and controlled manner, but hey...

Last edited:
Thank for picking up the mess that BF left, people like you is what make members proud to be a part of diyaudio. I still have received refund for the adapter. Also, order 2 kits, one for myself and one for my friend. I've finish my friends one on the weekend and had little time to test it out. But all I have to say is, I'm kinda really impress with the result. Now to the head ache, I've started soldering mine unit when I noticed that I have two negative regulator MC7912ACTG and zero positive regulator left. BF sent me two of the same voltage regulator, now I can't finish my kit. Can someone help me? I'm more than happy to pay for postage and cost.

qusp mentioning loose ends reminded me about coolguy's post. I don't have any of the positive regs sitting around.

Did anyone end up with extra positive regs?

Still no response from BF...

I've started sending the refunds for the people who have sent their details by PM, they should be in your bank by tuesday - I'm with a credit union so it usually takes an extra day for things to happen, if you have no joy by Wednesday message me and I'll chase it up my end.

I have two kits that I haven't looked at so I can't comment about the positive regs.

Surely the ODA/ODAC GB will run better!

What I should have written for better communications is:

Neod - $40 by PayPal
Safety Dank - $40 bank transfer
Ancient Wisdon - $40 bank transfer
Mil Spec - $20 bank transfer

So that's four out of 19 refunds complete - don't be shy guys the quicker this is finished the sooner we can say it's done and put it behind us!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.