Notre Dame cathedral

Checking the chemistry, lead melts at 327°C, and lead fumes are released at 482°C.

The lead fumes reacted with the oxygen in the air to form lead oxide which settled as a yellowish brown dust - extremely nasty stuff! :eek:

So it would be like a mustard gas?
My grandfather was in a gas company in the First World War, I vaguely remember his anecdotes that were not very happy, by the way, once the wind changed and the gas returned to his trenches, he saw his companions die writhing in pain and vomiting ...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
And still forbiden. In a church you can just drink red wine. Red wine also kills, but just the worker falling from the roof. It's cleaner than lead. Tradition is collapsing.

Nowadays workers have no environmental consciousness and are not involved by sience anymore liket hey were in the XIII° century If they were they knew 1 kilogram of worker falls as fast as one kilogram of lead ! Children learn that in the schools near Notre-Dame.

And still forbiden. In a church you can just drink red wine. Red wine also kills, but just the worker falling from the roof. It's cleaner than lead. Tradition is collapsing.

Nowadays workers have no environmental consciousness and are not involved by sience anymore liket hey were in the XIII° century If they were they knew 1 kilogram of worker falls as fast as one kilogram of lead ! Children learn that in the schools near Notre-Dame.

Awesome statement ...::(

That is, they ignore their employers who go out of their way for their safety and the environment ...:confused:

In the States,the greatest source of lead poisoning is from lead paint chips in residential interiors. Dust contaminated with tetraethyl lead and tetramethyl lead gasoline additives were at one time suspect, but I believe that these sources were found to be inconsequential. It seems to be somewhat a stretch to think that molten lead, or lead oxide arising from the fire at Notre Dame would lead to a significant threat.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
400 tons; lead went everywhere around, flat with opened windows, restaurents, 3 schools, etc.
As lead norms are very tight, they had to clean the close areas. Indeed just two children from a close school had lead level above the country norm but without danger. It was far worst when children used to drink water from lead plumbing or were in schools with asbestos everywhere. Well it's also not cool for the pets, cats... living near the soil and having no shoes.

400 tons; lead went everywhere around, flat with opened windows, restaurents, 3 schools, etc.
As lead norms are very tight, they had to clean the close areas. Indeed just two children from a close school had lead level above the country norm but without danger. It was far worst when children used to drink water from lead plumbing or were in schools with asbestos everywhere. Well it's also not cool for the pets, cats... living near the soil and having no shoes.

Let's see the data. 10 micrograms Pb per decilitre of blood is the critical level. 175 children were cited above -- what were the concentrations.

Otherwise it's just alarmist pap.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Sure, do you think they don't understand what they do, lol.

You have to keep in minds press is lazy, needs to be fast tovsell spoons ads. You also can be sure guys behind public authority don't want legal problems...yep the same that are not able to manage their suppliers with the workers smoking on the roof. So they make tons with men in white sort of Paris experts without the blond...

You also can be sure people living there have influence and created associations to protect their rights, health and so on...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Is N-D not in the the center of Paris on an island or is it because the wind northeastern children were contaminated ?

Maybe children just scratch old paintings with their nails then eat that with Nutella ?! Go figure...
Anyway children from countrywards are lucky because prehistoric caves are not painted with lead... towns kill like cigarets !

^ If you look at the human life expectancy from prehistoric era to the time when ND construction stared to when cigarette was invented, you may see something that may surprised you.

Angus Deaton, 2015 Nobel Economics Laureate, wrote a nice book: "The Great Escape" and spends a lot of ink getting into the mechanics of life expectancy! It's hard to imagine the ravages of plague, but drug-resistant bacteria probably presents a greater threat to humanity than global warming.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Angus Deaton, 2015 Nobel Economics Laureate, wrote a nice book: "The Great Escape" and spends a lot of ink getting into the mechanics of life expectancy! It's hard to imagine the ravages of plague, but drug-resistant bacteria probably presents a greater threat to humanity than global warming.

But a lot of the perceived life expectancy increase didn't come from people getting older, it came from a dramatic drop in infant mortality that boosted the average.

Jan

Historically speaking (with science, I mean), haven't the longer life expectancies been associated with particular diets? Given the recent invention of ultra-processed foods we haven't fully realized yet what implication 'foods of convenience' will pose to long term health. As they say, you are what you eat.

I can't speak for other parts of world, but more than ever the general population appears to find scratch cooking with whole ingredients too laborous or time consuming. The typical grocery store devotes far more space to commercialized food than fresh food. I lament to myself often, 'gee, I'd bet these bell peppers wouldn't seem so dated if people would just buy more of them'.

I'm sure there are environmental factors too, it just seems to me that diet itself presents a more immediate effect on one's general health. Moreover, the whole foods themselves are even suspect. What exactly was sprayed on my lettuce before I bought it? And of course, I could just buy 'organic', but goodness... the price.