• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NOTICE: Planet10 operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a great picture! The smile say's it all !
Wish him a speedy recovery. I know how it feels being flat out on a bed . I never want that to happen again !
Everyone is connected in this universe. So we all send 'our' energies out to him to recover even faster ! All the best !:)

Tom: lotta stairs and lumpy driveways at casa Dlugos to navigate

True that. You'll need an all-terrain walker for that.

it took a lifetime to get this sick, so 1% of that for "complete?" recovery is not so bad

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I hope Dave's getting some mental help as well. Coming that close to checking out must be one heck of a ride. At least he has a good social support system.

real note(s) to self should be; don't get sick, or old - and eat your veggies (that last one really from Susan)

Well. If more people prepared veggies as deliciously as Susan does, more people would eat their veggies. Feel free to let her know I said that. :)

Tom

Don't forget that daily requirement...exercise ! No matter what we eat or medicines we take , the daily walk is an absolute must especially as we get older. Exposure to sunlight is also essential ! Be in the sun at least half an hour a day...when it's there ! They have identified only a few things it does and there must be hundreds more !
The Chinese said we need 10,000 steps a day to keep healthy ! For those who can't do it now.... it's possible....start slowly ! Use something like a Fitbit to see how much you are doing. Steps in the house are also accounted for !

A relation who moved to NY city sold her car and started walking every day ( on instructions from the doc ), or on days when it was possible. Only extremely cold or snowy days were excluded. Now almost 2 years later she is completely off her BP medication ( had it 25 years !) and off several other medicines and at 70 she still works every day and is more fit than most youngsters ! Recently took a holiday and traveled round the globe and had a great time and was more fit than all the younger relations she met ! Eats healthy food , nothing processed. No fizzy drinks . Occasionally some junk food ! No exotic foods !
So ......... WALK every day and sit in the sunlight when available! AND drink the ELIXIR ! You might just halve your physical age !:)

Last edited:
I thought I'd share this old poster.
Can you spot Dave?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 478
Status
Not open for further replies.