NOS 24 Bit DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you so much whatsup !!

QserraTico_Tico, I belive newer converters are better than the older ones, at least som of them!
Also If you can use the 16 upper bits in a 24 bit converter, then you have liftet the signal up above the worst noise and unlinarity in the converter. In other words cleaner signal.
Maybe somone can confirm my filosofi?

Hyldal said:

Also If you can use the 16 upper bits in a 24 bit converter, then you have liftet the signal up above the worst noise and unlinarity in the converter. In other words cleaner signal.
Maybe somone can confirm my filosofi?

Maybe, all my 20 bit converters PCM63 and PCM1702 were clearly beaten by selected and well adjusted PCM56.

But I would be interested in trying PCM1704 too.

Hyldal said:
What Dir wouldt you recommed?

They are all the same to me because I only require the DIR to decode the biphase data stream. I get clocks from a local oscillator. Where I want to use the S/PDIF derived clock I prefer the CS8415A: It sign-extends that sample data, needs only one power supply, and doesn’t do de-emphasis with an FIR filter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.