No-global-loop amplification

Power switch installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_201029.jpg
    IMG_20200225_201029.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 470
Jeff,

I've set an 8" distance between the SMPS and amp module and nothing changed. So the noise seems to be picked up through the AC line (light dimmers) and generated by the SMPS in some parts (frequency caught on the speaker terminals).

Cresnet asked me to run some tests, which one of them made a difference. I don't want to post it here since it is just testing and I don't know how safe it is. I'll let Cresnet do some more testing on his side. You can PM me though.

Do

Jeff,

I've set an 8" distance between the SMPS and amp module and nothing changed. So the noise seems to be picked up through the AC line (light dimmers) and generated by the SMPS in some parts (frequency caught on the speaker terminals).

Cresnet asked me to run some tests, which one of them made a difference. I don't want to post it here since it is just testing and I don't know how safe it is. I'll let Cresnet do some more testing on his side. You can PM me though.

Do
Let us know, if you are able to find a solution. I'am interessted too using an SMPS.

Dye is easy, just warm the dye bath up a but (60C) and dunk the part for 20 minutes. Rit dye for clothing works if it's not going to see any sun and it's cheaper than paint. Proper black anodizing dye is expensive though. Any other colour is cheap.

Paint on the heatsinks isn't great for cooling, but black dye actually improves it.

Dye is easy, just warm the dye bath up a but (60C) and dunk the part for 20 minutes. Rit dye for clothing works if it's not going to see any sun and it's cheaper than paint. Proper black anodizing dye is expensive though. Any other colour is cheap.

Paint on the heatsinks isn't great for cooling, but black dye actually improves it.
Thanks jeff, i has tried this once but without good results.
I will post a picture latter.I don't know what the problem was.
I will try again.
BTW i will not paint the heatshinks.

Last edited:
What is better RCA position ?
Like picture 1 or picture 2?
I see commercial amplifiers putting, R&L RCA closed each other.
Short common GNG.
This can eliminate the hum. :scratch1:

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_190915.jpg
    IMG_20200228_190915.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_20200228_191003.jpg
    IMG_20200228_191003.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 484
Last edited: