• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New Ultrafast Diode Bridge group buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have (finaly) spent some time going through working out the prices of everything I can this afternoon, and I have arough idea of what everything should cost now. Hopefuly (although I still need to confirm the price of the PCB from the board house, allong with the cost of the heatsinks) the final prices should be:

£4.00 for a PCB

£11.50 for a component kit (so £15.50 with the PCB)

As these are still preliminary the price for the component kit may drop by a few pence, but shouldn't go up at all from this point.

Also, with regards to a deadline for this, I think if I leave the orders open up untill saturday the 6th November, and then start taking in payments the following week (so the deadline for payments will be the 13th November) via paypal (bank transfers may be possible for theose of us in Europe) and I will place al lof the orders on the 12th so hopefuly I will be able to strat getting things ready to send out about a week later, depending on the lead time for the PCB's.

If anyone has any queries about this, or making the payment, faal free to get in touch before then, or post a message up here and I will try and get back sharpish.

Andrew.

Svein,

since I 'm the one who handles the Fischer order, I'm going to answer this:
No problem at all. The price is still € 99,76 for a sheet of 1000 x 305 mm, including VAT.
My advice is to open up your own thread to look for someone to share it with.

BTW, does anyone need TO-247 Kapton washers this time?
Thermal res. 0,07 K/W, price is 0,41 € each (100 off)

Svein, I guess your questions have already been answered here, and Jason, it will be quite fine for you to still place an order. As far as the prices go, the easiest way I could suguest at the moment, would be to take the euro prices as being equivelent to US dollars, and multiplying the british pries by about 1.8 or two to get a rough idea of how much things will be (as I am expecting most people to pay via paypal, this will allow them to pay directly in pounds sterling to make things a LOT easier for me, but this does mean the the exchange rates on paypal will probably be a little different to most of the currentcy conversion tables out there).

Right, well I think I said that this saturday wouild be the deadline for the orders, so I will be sending everone an e-mail on sunday with details on how to pay and how much etc, which I will need every one to reply to so that I know where to send all the parts whn I get them. After that I would like to get the money in by the end of next week, and I will be starting to order the parts and boards as of this weekend, so I should hopefuly have them here to send out within a week or two after that (and I'll even make sure I pack yours up first if you are in that much of a hurry, as we wouldn't want you to get any nasty bites now would we ;) ).

Right rather than pester andrew on his own i want ask a few questions before i go ahead

I have a Yamaha B-2 V-fet power amplifier, it is built as two mono power amps with their own mains transformers in one case.

Questions
The rails are 75-0-75 v dc the protection fuses on the secondary outputs are 5 amp

Can you just confirm that this bridge is going to be suitable

The secondaries on the power transformers have a "0" tap can you confirm that there will be no problem using this bridge with this sort of supply

Yours
Gary

OK, I am closing the order now, and I should be sending people out mail later today with payment instructions for this order. If you have missed out it will be quite likely that I will and up having to order some extra PCB's so there may be some left at the end of the order, which I will offer up here once I have sortred out everything else here.

andrew.

Ok, I sent out most of the e-mails about payment just now (I'll do the rest after I've had a bacon snadwich and wathced neighbours :) ) but I couldn't get a message off to killjoy99 as you have turned of the e-mail function on the forum, so if you would be so kind as to drop me an e-mail some time soon, I can send you mail too.

andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.