New Stasis front end

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ya can make crumpets on your sissy amp cases

:clown:

(remember Pizza Treshold and Eggz Aleph ?)

Attachments

• ALEPH3E.JPG
    ALEPH3E.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 4000-telarc.jpg
    4000-telarc.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 466
Word of the day: re·source·ful (rĭ-sôrs′fəl, -zôrs′-) adjective
Able to act effectively or imaginatively, especially in difficult situations.

If you are concerned about obliterated component designators, keep a printed copy of the PCB next to your work.

Here, I'll make it easier for you, print this!

902518d1608206165-stasis-front-susy-stasis-fe-placement-png

I'll go place an order for pacifiers before the cry babies find something else to complain about.

:)

The objectivity has never been compromised. We are just shooting the breeze waiting for the builders to report on progress.

:)

BTW, is "ontopicicity" the correct spelling of the word? I am not familiar with it and could not find any reference to it.

Last edited:
Hi
I remember back to the days when I was visiting several HiFi shows and found the Nakamichi PA-7 on a stand.
What an amazing amp! Like a T34 (Russian tank from World War II) Heavy and just beautiful. And still is in my eyes.
By the help from the Master and helpful members on this forum, we are now able to build a brand new STASIS amp based on this old topology.
But unfortunately I don't quite remember what are the principles of STASIS? I know I read about it a long time ago, but I forgot ...
Can someone tell me or point me to a web page where it is explained?
I can see that the output is CE and no GFB, but what is actual the secret?
The emitter resistors have a very high value (1 ohm) and many paralleled transistors at the output with respect to the moderate power.
Is this done so that one can then have a relatively large quiescent current and thus deliver greater effect in class A?
regards

So, got Word from Pa.

it starts with heartwarming "You Silly Boy!!", which I perfectly understand, but then follows a part mentioning bothering and harassing, which really belongs in Higher English, so really out of my reach ..... so let's just skip that

then he sez (let avoid paraphrasing, Higher English again):

"Those all look good to me. Design is not very critical of values - largest values
are usually the safest"

Anyway, I read that as comforting, just need to find some stronger spectacles, there is some small print on end of Word....... for now I can read just few ones, something as "on your own", "bunch of crybabies", "spoon-feeding" .........

But I believe that last paragraph is of no big consequence, so we can proceed .....

Funniest thing I have read in a long time....I was laughing so loud my teenage daughter interrupted her internet addiction to ask what was so funny.

In light of other comments made about joking in a second language, and Einstein's lecturing...Touche, Zen Mod, you've reached the status of chauffeur.