New Stasis front end

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
tnx for asking

no problems for me, being slightly under 300km away

though, I have relatives and friends in vicinity of epic.

luckily, they're all good, even if sleeping in cars for few nights already - calmer that way than sleeping in houses

unfortunately, enough ppl dead and injured and with ruined properties ....... it doesn't matter that I don't know anyone personally

life ......

Good to hear ZM, stay safe.

Happy New Year to all for 2021 - hope it is a lot better than 2020 for all.

One question for you ZM, looking for some Toshiba 2SK2145BL (your fave) - no one seems to have stock - do you have a secret source where you get them from? No, I am not buying them from any Chinese source either.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I just received my PCBs from JLCPCB. Thanks for the tip to try them. They are faster and less expensive than OSHPark.

Plus I received a Santa Claus key chain with my order - don't be jealous...

Attachments

• P1040001.JPG
    P1040001.JPG
    426.1 KB · Views: 466
I’m a little green when it comes to bridging two channels so i have a few question.

Ill be using two 6 deep OS boards on each side of the chassis using Zen Mods Susy FE which will require Monoblocks

1) I’m assuming ill need two FE boards, one for each side?

2) How does the input work regarding positive and negative using two front ends (if 1 is correct)? Does one side get a positive and the other negative?

3) Speaking of input, can i use a RCA and XLR wired like an Aleph J and jumper XLR when using RCA only?

4) Will i need (1) set of binding posts or (2) sets of binding posts per chassis?

5) How will the wiring for the output speaker terminals be done?

Thanks for any insight

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I’m a little green when it comes to bridging two channels so i have a few question.

Ill be using two 6 deep OS boards on each side of the chassis using Zen Mods Susy FE which will require Monoblocks

1) I’m assuming ill need two FE boards, one for each side?

2) How does the input work regarding positive and negative using two front ends (if 1 is correct)? Does one side get a positive and the other negative?

3) Speaking of input, can i use a RCA and XLR wired like an Aleph J and jumper XLR when using RCA only?

4) Will i need (1) set of binding posts or (2) sets of binding posts per chassis?

5) How will the wiring for the output speaker terminals be done?

Thanks for any insight

1) 1pc SUSY FE pcb per channel, 2 OS pcbs per channel (as minimum - you can double them, if you want more outputs :clown: )

2) explained in 1); FE pcb fed with balanced signal, normally, or SE , with shortie between 1 & 3 XLR pins

3) yes

4) positive 1pc, negative 1pc

5) positive signal carying OS pcb output wires goes to pos term. , negative pcb..... to negative term.

you are not ready to make SUSY iteration; read my disclaimer in post where I posted all files for SUSY FE
wait that some more experienced Greedy Boy confirm functionality and bring possible necessary changes to it

1) 1pc SUSY FE pcb per channel, 2 OS pcbs per channel (as minimum - you can double them, if you want more outputs :clown: )

2) explained in 1); FE pcb fed with balanced signal, normally, or SE , with shortie between 1 & 3 XLR pins

3) yes

4) positive 1pc, negative 1pc

5) positive signal carying OS pcb output wires goes to pos term. , negative pcb..... to negative term.

you are not ready to make SUSY iteration; read my disclaimer in post where I posted all files for SUSY FE
wait that some more experienced Greedy Boy confirm functionality and bring possible necessary changes to it

Cool thanks for the clarification

And no worries I’m not in a rush just trying to game plan so I can buy the proper parts and get my chassis done right