New Stasis front end

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Power in W is V^2/R load

V are RMS.

50V rails will probably hit 42V maximum swing at high power because of the 1R emitter resistors.

42*.707 = 29.69

29.69^2 = 793

793/8 = 99 W

The same with 65V rails (57V swing, 40.3Vrms) gives an output of 200WPC into 8R...

Again, it is worth considering my previous admonition -

yup

thingie is able to make Klunk!, so amount of heat is strictly related to available A Class envelope, rails voltage dictating B class envelope

more pairs in OS, less critical 1R value of emiter resistor, regarding welding capability

one can make Sissy Stasis amp, with Plethora of Power, while being in danger to freeze one's butt if sitting on it, enjoying low SPL

:)

we really need Pa to write down possible span of important resistor values in OS

ZM Knows Station, as mein Bruder Generg taught me ...... :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ok, now is tomorrow :)

Attachments

• Stasis FE ZM Eagle pcb sshot.png
    Stasis FE ZM Eagle pcb sshot.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 638
  • Stasis FE ZM pcb top render.png
    Stasis FE ZM pcb top render.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 638
  • Stasis FE ZM pcb copper render.png
    Stasis FE ZM pcb copper render.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 619
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as intended by Might Moi - heatsink is not pcb mounted, free mounted on puny critter, pins not fully seated in pcb

so, as I imagined, clearance there is at least 5mm

cunning plan is that builder needs to have brain engaged for most of the build

with T0220, I'm starting to worry about proper chunky size mounted and fixed heatsink at double dissipation (here less than 1W)

if thinking about my clumsiness during assembly and work, so unintentional brush on part with free mounted heatsink - lets just be more cautios

or, to avoid that - bigger pcb, care about traces beneath heatsink strictly routed at copper side etc etc

of course , when mounting fixed on pcb, some plastic spacers between sink and pcb are always cunning (again) to implement ...... had enough cases (in my service praxis) with scratched pcb stop lack, making all sorts of unexpected problems

so, when routing a pcb, I'm always taking in account worst case dumb move I can make in future; besides putting two same sex parts in complementary pair position, there are plenty of ookups I'm capable of

enclosed example of proper heatsinking of puny parts, just for giggle

Attachments

• Baldrick.jpg
    Baldrick.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 581
  • just for giiggle.png
    just for giiggle.png
    84 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Your FE board in post #250 looks great to me ZM, I also like the idea that Mark came up with to mount it on the OS board with a couple of standoffs and very short signal connections between the 2 boards. So this FE board and the 7+1 OS board in your post #232 look like an ideal set up - has my vote for what I want to build. As a back up though I have ordered papa's FE board as well from post #1.

When and papa are happy with it all, then you can post new gerbers and away we go - but no hurry. Do you intend to test your new FE pcb design first I wonder.

Last edited:
Cool Stasis FE pcb gerbers is ready available in post # 1
Thanks to the One and only Mr. PassWork :wiz:
Could be possibe share pcb Stasis archive gerbers of the power output stage ready made in the past?
Updated DIY Stasis version post #1 nominal specyfications are ? Thanks and Kind regards :)

Attachments

• B6137967-B5C0-426D-AB3F-F5C60EC50045.JPG
    B6137967-B5C0-426D-AB3F-F5C60EC50045.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 538
Well if one uses say a 10mm board spacer between the 2 boards, then those connections will be 10mm long, using say a piece of tinned copper wire link. When you look at ZM,s 2 layouts the lands for those connections line up with each other. One can use what ever spacer length they like, to make sure the components mounted on the OS pcb have clearance from the FE board.