New Stasis front end

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
preliminary final files

I've just sent e-mail to Pa, with sch files enclosed, asking for his comments regarding values etc.

Hoping that we'll have his answer soon, here is a set with final files in which, as far as I can see, only some values on schm can be altered

when I have that, I'll post final graphical files and Gerbers, so you Boyz can proceed in organisation

if Pa and Jim thinks that's OK, everything can go to Store, too

Attachments

• STASIS FE ZM sch.png
    STASIS FE ZM sch.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 727
  • STASIS FE ZM Eagle sshot.png
    STASIS FE ZM Eagle sshot.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 719
  • STASIS OS ZM 6deep schm.png
    STASIS OS ZM 6deep schm.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 703
  • STASIS OS ZM 6deep Eagle sshot.png
    STASIS OS ZM 6deep Eagle sshot.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 690
  • STASIS OS ZM 8deep schm.png
    STASIS OS ZM 8deep schm.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 636
  • STASIS OS ZM 8deep Eagle sshot.png
    STASIS OS ZM 8deep Eagle sshot.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 374
Well if one uses say a 10mm board spacer between the 2 boards, then those connections will be 10mm long, using say a piece of tinned copper wire link. When you look at ZM,s 2 layouts the lands for those connections line up with each other. One can use what ever spacer length they like, to make sure the components mounted on the OS pcb have clearance from the FE board.

Sorry, but I chose the original design post # 1 who are much easier to ensemble and sound quality stay the same ,
one or two inches more longer PCB traces or two inches more wire length don't make sonic revolution in my opinion.
Yours choice is different and I respect that ;) Good luck

TO3P or TO247 outputs much easier to implement and mount and are not as expensive as their TO3 metal can counterparts.

If you want to use TO3 metal can devices ( which look good and macho) then mount them on an angle bracket bolted to the main heat sink and hard wire - so no OS pcb is required.

Thanks again ZM, you can add one of these to the end of your ever growing to do list maybe.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Word from Mithrandir

So, got Word from Pa.

it starts with heartwarming "You Silly Boy!!", which I perfectly understand, but then follows a part mentioning bothering and harassing, which really belongs in Higher English, so really out of my reach ..... so let's just skip that

then he sez (let avoid paraphrasing, Higher English again):

"Those all look good to me. Design is not very critical of values - largest values
are usually the safest"

Anyway, I read that as comforting, just need to find some stronger spectacles, there is some small print on end of Word....... for now I can read just few ones, something as "on your own", "bunch of crybabies", "spoon-feeding" .........

But I believe that last paragraph is of no big consequence, so we can proceed .....