New Stasis front end

Thanks again ZM for all your input, I agree to do a proper job in building a decent and full blown Stasis build from scratch and to do it justice then the simple job of drilling and tapping a few holes is the least of one's problems.

Not a project for the feint hearted I would have thought.

We look forward to papa's words of wisdom on the final details in due course.

Agree. Lots of metalwork is normal for me. A lot of people don't like it but it's hard to avoid.

Mostly speaking of mounting the fe board onto the OP board, as it would be sort of similar to the original. but here I am being rude because it's not my work ;) and it's a nice job :) gents.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I like to think the opportunity to build a Stasis will encourage some greenhorns
to try something outside their comfort zones.

I was thinking this exactly as I’ve been reading through the thread. Ive built the Aleph J, M2x, the B1 and the B1Korg. All of the build guides are excellent, and the support has been amazing. But I’m looking to grow my skills and wouldn’t mind a bigger challenge, which this project if approved will fill.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
For what it’s worth, this project will have, by design, an abbreviated guide. This project is intended for people with a little experience... at least one firstwatt built, for example.

As rails go up and current increases, it becomes easier and easier to let the magic smoke out with excitement and vigor.

That said, I’m sure this will be a very popular project and the community will jump in and help with enthusiasm! :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2016
Paid Member
For what it’s worth, this project will have, by design, an abbreviated guide. This project is intended for people with a little experience... at least one firstwatt built, for example.

As rails go up and current increases, it becomes easier and easier to let the magic smoke out with excitement and vigor.

That said, I’m sure this will be a very popular project and the community will jump in and help with enthusiasm! :yes:

Thanks 6L6! Looking forward to it.

Updated DIY Stasis version post #1 nominal specyfications are ?
Kind regards :)

Attachments

• B6137967-B5C0-426D-AB3F-F5C60EC50045.JPG
    B6137967-B5C0-426D-AB3F-F5C60EC50045.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 630
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Stasis FE pcb with more holes render copper.png
    Stasis FE pcb with more holes render copper.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 710
  • Stasis FE pcb with more holes render top.png
    Stasis FE pcb with more holes render top.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 712
  • Stasis OS pcb Eagle with holes for FE.png
    Stasis OS pcb Eagle with holes for FE.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 698
  • small angle bracket.jpg
    small angle bracket.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 683
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In the new front end what's the function of c9,r23 c7 r25 r28 and c8 r26 r28 c10 r 24 ?

voltage biasing of cascoded (style) of Stasis OS

see enclosed sch, reposted from post #1

also, attached edited sch of new FE, added missing "C" pads (present on pcb), here for same purpose

897577d1606596501-stasis-front-stasis-2-3-original-sch-jpg

though, I need Papa's clarification of (reasons for) new time constant, introduced by R27 and R28, in series with C7 and C8, respectively

Attachments

• STASIS-FE-REV-SCH.jpg
    STASIS-FE-REV-SCH.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
As can be seen in the photo of the test rig in post #1, and Nelson's email back to me about this, you simply do not load those components for non Cascoded (series) output stages - simple. Which I assume is how most builds will be done by the way. Maybe someone keen will attempt a cascoded O/S build.