New project: Bliesma T34B in WG, 18WE, 32W

Hi Tihomir, what you see on the graph is actually wanted and exemplary effect of the WG. It adds SPL boost at the frequencies similar to dimension of the WG. That boost must be compensated in crossover, normally one capacitor does the job. You can see the result above in this thread in Vituix sixpacks. This WG has 30mm depth, the gain, compared to bare tweeter, at ~2kHz is actually ~7dB, which is quite common.

Thank you, everything is clear now. My email is tihomir@neutrinotau.hr
There is also one project with WG and Bliesma T25B on Hificompass. I'm not sure what is better for me. Could you give me your arguments for T34B against T25B. I see one of argument for T34B is lower crossover frequency. I'm looking for best tweeter on the market in terms of lowesr distortion on the whole frequency range. Also do you have some experience with Purifi PTT6.5 compared to 18WE

I have no experience with Purifi.
T25B vs T34B, that is tough choice. I do not have side by side comparison. T34B was in project with active crossover in Ellips-A, T25B with passive, in Shamal project, both with WG. I have listened to Shamal today, so far I considered T34B better by a very small margin, but today comparison with T34B came to my mind again, and I could not recall why I though T34B was better, listening to T25B at the moment. Sonically, they are basically the same, detail clarity transparency and airiness are qualities they both offer.
T34B WG might be little bit easier to tune, and easier to listen to. T34B is more directional and it might be part of the reason.
If you do not need really low crossover I would suggest to go with Hificompass project. I look at it repeatedly, it is most likely the only Purifi 2way project I would consider to buy. Very well thought out, exceptinal measurements, and I like also sound description and overall impression.

And good news, it seems Ellips-P (passive crossover) will be started this year.

Actually my idea was to go with T34B, because of low crossover. I just want to hear your arguments for T25B. I'm planing to use Purifi PT4.0 driver not PT6.5 driver and I will use 32" bass. My idea is to go very low with T34B. In specifications I can read 1.3kHz is minimum. I will use 24db active crossover, so I believe it will be OK to go 1.3kHz. How low you used T34B ?

Hi Mike,

see the impact if such a cap on raw response of T34B in WG. Such a small cap also created part of needed SPL decrease, and side effect of small value is that even high quality caps can be used and it does not make the hole in the pocket.

Attachments

• T34B WG cap impact.png
    T34B WG cap impact.png
    14 KB · Views: 193
Hi Mike,

see the impact if such a cap on raw response of T34B in WG. Such a small cap also created part of needed SPL decrease, and side effect of small value is that even high quality caps can be used and it does not make the hole in the pocket.
If frequency high pass of is 1800 Hz, attenuation is nearly 20 dB.
Isn't that too much to connect to the midrange ?

The graph was SPL calibrated. Resulting loudspeaker sensitivity is dictated by the response of the woofer after baffle step. In this case 32W gives ~86dB/2.83V/1m. You can see the tweeter response with the cap is ~87dB, which was close to woofer sensitivity, and the mild tweeter sensitivity adjustment during tuning by listening was done in DSP. So it all makes perfectly sense, actual real measurements were used for Vituix crossover modelling. All dual channel and SPL calibrated.

Thank you for your explanations, everything is perfectly clear now.
Your realization of this wave guide associated with Bliesma T34B is superb.
Would you be ready to share the vituixcad file of this achievement?
Would you be ready to share the SLT file of your wave guide also?
What material did you use for its manufacture and how did you do to obtain such a smooth surface rendering ?

I have no experience with Purifi.
T25B vs T34B, that is tough choice. I do not have side by side comparison. T34B was in project with active crossover in Ellips-A, T25B with passive, in Shamal project, both with WG. I have listened to Shamal today, so far I considered T34B better by a very small margin, but today comparison with T34B came to my mind again, and I could not recall why I though T34B was better, listening to T25B at the moment. Sonically, they are basically the same, detail clarity transparency and airiness are qualities they both offer.
T34B WG might be little bit easier to tune, and easier to listen to. T34B is more directional and it might be part of the reason.
If you do not need really low crossover I would suggest to go with Hificompass project. I look at it repeatedly, it is most likely the only Purifi 2way project I would consider to buy. Very well thought out, exceptinal measurements, and I like also sound description and overall impression.

And good news, it seems Ellips-P (passive crossover) will be started this year.
Hi Pida, is your project Ellips-A with closed box or bass reflex. In text you said it is closed, but in photos I can see bass reflex. What is F3 for Ellips-A

Thank you for your explanations, everything is perfectly clear now.
Your realization of this wave guide associated with Bliesma T34B is superb.
Would you be ready to share the vituixcad file of this achievement?
Would you be ready to share the SLT file of your wave guide also?
What material did you use for its manufacture and how did you do to obtain such a smooth surface rendering ?
Hi pida, I guess the answer to these questions is negative ...
No worries, it doesn't matter, it's your choice.
If you think to sell your wave guides or the SLT file required for manufacturing it, I could be interested.

Now I have ~4 requests for STL so I will sit and process the emails one evening in coming days.

My WGs are made of aluminium alloy, CNC machined. The finish is spray paint, special type that makes mild structure/grain, I outsource it so I am not able to tell any details.
Publishing of Vituix file and data - hmm let me first to think about it.....

Last edited:
It is closed box. If I recall well, F6 was ~31Hz, F10 ~22Hz, so F3 ~slightly below 40Hz. Very close to what 32W/4878T00 datasheet suggests (closed alignment 67l), I made it 75l.
Have you try with bass boost as I can see you used active crossover. Which model of crossover you used? I'm wondering if bass boost make problem with high THD increase or causes some other problems.