New project: Bliesma T34B in WG, 18WE, 32W

dome34.PNG

I don't know if I explained correctly that was the dome source I used, not the standard flat or spherical cap.

Maybe I am pointing the same thing.

My WG has aperture diameter 39.6mm but this requires careful centering. It is better to make it 40mm, it will not make the measurements worse, profile itself is more important.
Many thanks @Pida
I supposed to do so and done 40mm too.
Do you have some sketches of the diagram?
As me and @augerpro were pointing that simulations seems a bit unpractical.

Many Thanks in advance.

The dome is a portion of a sphere, correct?

EDIT: now I see what you mean, ATH has an idealized sphere source. That's not what I meant. I mean the dome source, but just pointing out the shape of the dome must be spherical.
Ath uses sections of arc's in the source contours file, ABEC itself can simulate whatever mesh can be created in another way. If the mesh created isn't close to reality then the simulation has no hope of being accurate.
@jumper981 the Bliesma has an inverted surround, one of the things that make it work well on a waveguide.

T34B+JantzenWG could work reasonably well. Surround outer diameter is 40mm, Jantzen WG has 44mm.
I know that JantzenWG works well with TW29TXN, and with BN it will measure also fine as both versions has very flat dome profile.

If T34B availability issue persists, I will try to replace it with TW29BN+JantzenWG.
I would like to build 32W/4878T11 ported+18M+TW29BN+JantzenWG a lot.

You are another one recommending T35 tweeter, I will think about it for my next projects.

I did not start selling T35B waveguides itself. To me it seems easier for onyone to have it printed locally without additional shipment cost and repacking on my side. I can offer STL of the waveguide if anyone asks via email, for 5-10eur. I like beer and good wine :).

Reactions: 1 user