New pair of Alpair 11ms

https://kjfaudio.com/product/sl11-sd-standmount-kit-pair/

Well done solution from kjf. I don't have access to anything to contribute to the woodworking, and the flat pack way was most agreeable for me. These will be used for near field on a desk and the low end I refer to at the moment means I'm not expecting to feel the bass. This setup choice and the 11ms will be perfect to fulfill the jazz, classical, voice I listen to. Just too soon to talk in depth about what I hear until some solid break in time.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends what you mean by 'needs'. If you're simply targeting the same generic alignment, e.g. B4, QB3 or whatever, then yes. No mystery about that, it's simply dictated by effective Q and Vas, both of which are significantly higher in the CHN than the 11MS. If you're not, & you have different objectives, or are accepting you will have different alignments, then 'not necessarily'.

And as I'm new here, happy to learn, is it me or that the 11ms are still needing some good play time - I find right now after 5 hours... I have to have my ears and the center caps of the speakers in a perfect ratio for bliss... else I have two mono sounding drivers. I'm a bit surprised how similar that dealing is to electrostatics. When you are in the zone👍🏼👍🏼

I know no one is waiting for my update... but after 6-7 hours... I hear some 100hz!! Very peculiar how that happens. Like a butterfly from a caterpillar... and the dual mono effect is largely gone, replaced with a nice soundstage. Happily they now are playing wider and more detailed than the more expensive floor standers. Except the snare drums... seems the last part of the butterfly to emerge...
I used to do drugs to have those kind of revaluations... ( just kidding!)

About 10 hours... the drivers are showing visibility of moving 😂 the driver feels like it should have about 1cm of movement.... today, I see mms of movement! I opened a bottle Sangiovese - Monte cucco area - just to celebrate 😊👍🏼

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of 11MS ordered and last night I made a Home Depot run. On my radar was 3/4" baltic birch, but after comparing prices (and knuckle knocks) I saved $45 by getting a sheet of Chilean 23/32 Radiata Pine.

Any opinions on this wood for Pensil 11 cabinets? Do you think I'll regret the $45 saved?