New Markaudio Drivers

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It was possible to find.
But no measures are exposed.

This one?

Brodgar-extents.png

It is the official extent's document. Before considering this build one needs to know how big is.

dave

Here is it:
"Compared to the Pensils, the Brodgar Horns sound more dynamic with a bigger soundstage and they give even more precise imaging along with impressive bass reproduction. Instruments as well as voices appear larger, actually they seem to be as large as live.
The Alpair 11MS are brilliant drivers that offer tremendous value for money and work extremely well in different types of enclosures. Highly recommended!"

I think it's the best driver I've ever heard. Without a doubt the most affordable as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott,
Looking at the CHR-120's published T/S parameters, I figured it would benefit from a slightly bigger enclosure than even the Avebury.
I am very interested in a BLH for the driver, and should be able to whip something using MJK's worksheets, if given a few pointers about starting points.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Loving my MAOP11 Pensils. However now I have a pair of AviAtrix sitting around and realized it's a great opportunity to make my living room into a 5.0/5.1 setup for movies! Which of course means...

What would y'all recommend for a Mark Audio center channel to match the MAOP 11s? (And I guess a sub too since it's all a rabbit hole at this point, though that question's probably for another thread :D )

It looks like they’ve had a significant price increase or have they always been ~$900? I seem to remember them being in the $600 area for a long time. Shame Madisound doesn’t carry the MAOP drivers.
...that's one to take up with MarkAudio.

Madisound Customer Service <info@madisound.com>

Fri, Apr 23, 3:39 PM

to me
Hi,

Every time I've inquired about the MAOP speakers, there hasn't been any stock. I can try again.

Brian
--
Best regards,
Customer Support

Apr 26, 2021, 12:27 PM

to me
Hi,

We've ordered all the MAOP speakers now. There isn't some special version according to them. We'll probably have stock in a few months.

Kind regards,
Brian

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Production of MAOPs is intermittent and difficult. Something like 50% of the cones have to be tossed. And then hand assembled by one of only a few really well versed assemblers (Mark, Evan, a few others). And then Japan takes most of them before anyone else has a chance.

It is nice to see them emerge from “total unobtainium”.

dave