New Markaudio Drivers

The thing that attracted me to lxminis are the simplicity.
My design aims were that all frequencies above 80hz should be from single driver. But now its clear for baffle less none of the FR drivers can do that

As the LX mini is a system that relies on custom EQ - either via proprietary miniDSP or the Nelson Pass analog crossover/EQ -four channels of amplification, and specific drivers, I’m not so sure I’d use “simplicity” as a descriptor.

Was this a basket issue with the alpair6s or just bad luck. A pair of a6,s we purchased a few years ago but never used seem to have fractures in the 3 legs of the basket. The haven't completely separated but may compromise the integrity of the driver.

Attachments

• 20210318_195156_HDR.jpg
    20210318_195156_HDR.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 375
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
J B Weld is an epoxy brand favored by many. They have "5 minute" and "24 hour" formulas. The 24 hour version is quite strong but the 5 minute version would probably do OK here.

J-B Weld Products | J-B Weld

Hopefully, none of the suspension is affected by this. I would guess damage during shipping? We used to do "shock and vibe" testing; some of which was to simulate shipping handling and damage. Knowing many of my buddies that worked for UPS, FedEx and other shippers; if it said fragile; they threw the boxes even harder!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
An interesting thot.

Sims show CHR-120 will reach about a hz lower in 40 litre (vrs 35 for the A12pw), and has a bit more swept volume. About a dB more sensitive. Metal cone might make for a better blend than A12pw’s paper.

On the other hand, Alpairs are usually more finessed, CHN are in the cheap metal baskets and CHR are the low end line. But you are only using it for bass.

CHN-110 goes as low as A12pw in the same volume, not quite as much swept volume.

And $66/90/$135.

You could buy 2 CHN-110 for less than an A12pw. That wins the swept volume race :^)

dave