New Markaudio Drivers

I just modelled a box for the CHN-50. Wow its small. A 0.5cuft box is:
113mm x 113mm (this allows 5mm around the drivers basket) and only 52mm deep.

That is allowing for the magnet in the calculation. Means the rear of the magnet is only 7mm from the rear wall. This can't be good?

Is this the only way to build a small box, or is it better to look at another design ie: tapering, stuffed, bigger box filled with odd shaped bits of wood etc...?

Sorry, I meant its a 0.5L box (with the magnet taken out).

I will up it to 2.5L and make it more manageable to build.

Although at that size, I considered stacking up the ply, and cutout a hole out and capping the front & back. Seems like it would be quicker that trying to mitre such small parts and glue them up.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Kobus - there’s a Baby Lab model that should work for the A5.3, as well as the quite wonderful P10 micro-marken, in either simple rectilinear box, or the more “fun” SET build.
Both of those are for singles - so far?

Thanx Chris and Scott, can you share them?

The BabyLab is called Bloodhound, it is in the freely available BabyLab plans. The mico Mar-Kens are part of the paid plansets (email me) except for the smallest one, which is free for non-commercail use.

https://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10free/uMK52-0v9-plan-220415.pdf

dave

The Markaudio A12PW are on sale for $99 each from $135. Due to the sale, I finally ordered a pair. Next step is to order the Onken plans. I have an Eikona 2 or A10.3 I could put up top, or I could get a A7.3 or A5.3 for the better top end.

I saw that the Pluvia 7HD and 7PHD are less than the A7.3 which Madisound is still selling. Were they the supposed replacements?