New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

The sound of even this driver depends on installation and treatment, revision, housing, placement, electronics...
I know that this is a great driver.
The membrane must be partially coated.
The only disadvantage: Phase Plug. I would remove, and replace by membrane cap.
I have not heard it yet.

I am happy to see some people talking about Lii Audio Xizi founded in 2006 and Lii Song founded in 2016 which is a copy of the original Lii Audio. I visited both headquarter in Hangzhou and it was clear to know which one fake it. If you hold both speakers in hands it's is really obvious. The short story is that Xizi Lii Audio hired one guy to expand the business outside china and that guys screwed him and founded Lii Song and took the foreign market. There is currently quite a lot of new drivers made by Lii Audio that are coaxial drivers that are simply harder to copy for Lii Song so in the future you will see more and more drivers that Lii Audio will only sell. I am talking 21 inches coaxial stuff, premium range etc.

Reactions: 3 users
I can't find the video but I saw a review totally (and objectively with data) trashing their other 15s

Tough to justify IMO when you could get 2 GW-1858s and full range drivers of your choice for the cost of 1 Lii Audio 15. But I am admittedly cheap and very much a speaker design novice.

Reactions: 1 user
I am happy to see some people talking about Lii Audio Xizi founded in 2006 and Lii Song founded in 2016 which is a copy of the original Lii Audio. I visited both headquarter in Hangzhou and it was clear to know which one fake it. If you hold both speakers in hands it's is really obvious. The short story is that Xizi Lii Audio hired one guy to expand the business outside china and that guys screwed him and founded Lii Song and took the foreign market. There is currently quite a lot of new drivers made by Lii Audio that are coaxial drivers that are simply harder to copy for Lii Song so in the future you will see more and more drivers that Lii Audio will only sell. I am talking 21 inches coaxial stuff, premium range etc.
That sounds great but the new Fast 15 says Lii Song on the back so I'm a little confused about what the distinction is between Lii Audio and Lii Song. Website I'm referring to is https://www.lii-audio.com/product/o...il-frequency-response-and-soundstage-fast-15/ which as far as I know is the "good" Lii Audio.

Currently Lii Audio the original brand does not have any online website outside of china. You can either buy it from taobao the chinese amazon, or with alibaba he has some dealer for export. All liiaudio website you currently find all belong to liisong and are 100% fake (Lii Audio own its own factories Lii Song does not, as he is a salesman).
You can check here a real Fast 15 https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.3b0a918dZxsONI
I don't know this distributor but this is real Xizi Lii Audio.
I emailed personaly decware and they said they figure this out, but i have no idea what plan they have now.

• Thank You
Currently Lii Audio the original brand does not have any online website outside of china. You can either buy it from taobao the chinese amazon, or with alibaba he has some dealer for export. All liiaudio website you currently find all belong to liisong and are 100% fake (Lii Audio own its own factories Lii Song does not, as he is a salesman).
You can check here a real Fast 15 https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.3b0a918dZxsONI
I don't know this distributor but this is real Xizi Lii Audio.
I emailed personaly decware and they said they figure this out, but i have no idea what plan they have now.
So that is pretty much the exact opposite of what people in the US have been saying for several years. I personally have no idea what the truth is but it would be nice to get some independent clarification of what is really going on. I will say that at least the frequency chart on the Alibaba site looks real as opposed to the clearly fake chart for the Fast 15 on lii-audio.com.

Reactions: 1 users
Well i have picture of both offices if you want when i visited them, they are both in Hangzhou to make things even more confusing...
The one with the Horn logo on the wall is the real one, the one with the big open baffles on the back is lii song.
I wanted to help Lii Audio after my visit because i felt sorry but i would say 1) this is not uncommon in china, 2) I am aware that my voice does not hold authority....I am not Nelson Pass...
The weird amplifier in the middle of Lii Audio office is me bringing a prototype i made (i am a product designer) to listen to it with his high efficiency drivers. The ipod i also mine : )

L7745818.JPG

Attachments

• L7745821.JPG
    L7745821.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: 1 users
The horn is not always there on the paper cone as i saw (check my picture, I think this one was F15). I think i should organize a Q & A of people questions then i can share somewhere, it there a platform for this on DIY audio ? I am no expert in social media stuff...I can plan a meeting with Lii audio founder to get some answers. One thing i know is that papers, suspensions, magnet are not the same from lii audio and lii song from what he explained to me. He also has customers sending him Lii Song driver to get repaired and he then need to told them they are not lii audio drivers...
L7745805.JPG

My F15s were ordered from lii-audio.com (and shipped from a German warehouse) = green/black Lii Song stickers, orange plastic phase plug and no horn logos... Caintuck audio and Decware seem to use the 'original' Lii Audios with wooden phase plug and red/black stickers... while the company with the international website collaborated with the Dutch designer Leon Huijgen for their 'Liionidas' series.

A comparison of measurements for F15 from both brands would interest me a lot.

Kudos for your investigation, caisson rj ;-)

while the company with the international website collaborated with the Dutch designer Leon Huijgen for their 'Liionidas' series
Although some of Huijgen's pictures show the wooden phase plug with red/black stickers. I'm lost.......

Something else: this was posted a few hours ago on the international Lii FB page https://www.facebook.com/liiaudiobrand/posts/pfbid02NoiR3xhMqMZACSBELhmecXbRbQzTZeM5oLu1YKHu6P6nwgDXdRp1ZBkTifRUzf1ml?__cft__[0]=AZUniEGy9CGuynd67M-x6UcKBFa3Apxmiogmkfsi5DksQxyYP-eFV1tWwkpUFONOJL4-pJPgjsraDMkZMGLtkgBOyhm5aZuqO9FHcZjdeZzhJubaL_sYpSnydmxm2fEcVLORWzzRth7-Nxk_0-0HWy1FrSqNJSr5P-vb_ah9--mdSIEOpUvyFWjbiMN26_5vTVo&__tn__=,O,P-R

And this statement a year ago by the 'original':

Last edited:
It seems to me that in the beginning Lii Song sold some real lii audio stuff then switched to copy stuff. And in the leonidas stuff i found he sent the original lii audio drivers. Seems to me that for sound designers he sent the real ones then sell it with fake ones. I am not sure this is accurate but as this is a tricky situation i would imagine everything is possible...
And yes Lii Song and Lii Audio do not use same materials as I said, Lii Audio own its own factories, made by hand where lii song order from factories he could find. I did not visited lii audio factory when i met him, but i think next time i have the opportunity to go to china I will (with current 0 Covid this is currently not possible).
Attach is a picture of his 10" alnico driver. I unfortunately did not listen to it but this is a more tricky driver to replicate and is not on Lii Song catalog. Coming from Supravox made with alnico this has special interest to me...
PS the video statement for the copy this i don't know it is from lii audio, but could be from a official dealer trying to help the situation. The certification documents are the ones used by lii audio.
In Fashion if someone copy Dolce Gabana then you have lots of money to sue, but in hifi when your company is the same size as let's say Shindo, then it is much harder...

Attachments

• L7745801.JPG
    L7745801.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 134