New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

Here is the Crystal 10 I bought from Lii Audio Taobao store. Other than the label, one obvious difference is the use of a cylindrical phase plug.

1670629612924.jpg

1670629612950.jpg

1670629612974.jpg

@caisson rj So if I understand your argument correctly we would have to assume that both Decware.com and CaintuckAudio.com have been duped by the imposter/newcomer since both of those sites have been recommending www.lii-audio.com which you claim in the fake counterfeiting site. Do I have that right? Honestly, doesn't it seem a little unlikely that those two reputable American companies have been using and recommending the wrong source for all these years?

Reactions: 1 users
This was in Lii audio office when he showed us Lii Song Crystal and Lii Audio Crystal
You can clearly see Lii Song and Lii Audio on the same driver...
You can also notice how the paper cone and suspensions are different.
The phase cone as well is pretty unique with the horn logo on it.

View attachment 1118198
The crossed out driver here is not the same as on Lii Song's website ( One Pair | Previous Flagship 10" Fullrange Drivers | Tube amp driver | Premium quality audio | Crystal-10 - Lii Audio, unique speaker, amplfier, quality and cost-saving parts for HiFi DIY (lii-audio.com) )
It may not be sold by Lii Song.

Last edited:
@caisson rj So if I understand your argument correctly we would have to assume that both Decware.com and CaintuckAudio.com have been duped by the imposter/newcomer since both of those sites have been recommending www.lii-audio.com which you claim in the fake counterfeiting site. Do I have that right? Honestly, doesn't it seem a little unlikely that those two reputable American companies have been using and recommending the wrong source for all these years?
That's a good question. It's so strange that all reviews and videos I can find are models listed on this "fake" lii-audio.com and they have lots of distributors worldwide whereas almost no clue or review of this "original Lii Audio", and on Aliexpress they are even selling 100% copy of Acoustic Elegance woofers.

Attachments

• w-15.png
    w-15.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 65
It will be really good to get to the bottom of this.

What if the owner of lii song who has admitted he worked for lii audio was the rep that introduced lii audio to many different people around the world. He buys the web address for lii audio and connects with manufactures that can make these copies or he obtains the contacts from lii and then starts his own company with the copies telling all the contacts they have changed the name but the web address is the same while supplying the new drivers made by who knows who and effectively pulls the switch.

i have no idea what happened here I'm just trying to imagine possible scenarios. If you listen carefully to what lii song isn't saying there seems to be room for question.

from lii song Facebook page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209-215605.png
    Screenshot_20221209-215605.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 172
Vs this from the alieexpress store called "lii audio flagship store"

For Southeast Asian countries, all of customers can contact our only agent in Thailand with facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...7xnToiymDXwmVdAcDCudn3NgNl&id=100084840190975

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...i3vT4ZtbQnHq4PJdQygUDgsg9l&id=100084840190975
Lii Audio originated in China and the company was established in 2006.
Recently, someone pretended to be an official and maliciously denigrated that this Lii Audio is a counterfeit product.
In order to repay the trust and support of consumers, our store has additional discounts for those who provide evidence to discredit our Lii Audio products. Please contact customer service to provide relevant evidence.

This flagship store lists the following evidence as follows.
Hab2f250502054c45a6c0ec58461d8767W.jpg

H639e576e44964607882c9acd55379a87Q.jpg

The Xizi morning glory brand was founded in 2006 by the West Lake in Hangzhou, China. The founder LII is fond of playing antique horns and full-range speakers, and works​

The front window of the room was full of morning glory , so it was called "Xizi morning glory ". In 2010, we formally independently designed and developed full-range speakers. During

To the recognition and attention of domestic customers in China, the LII-AUDIO brand was registered in North America in 2017, and international business was started in the same year.

Set up its own anechoic room, design, OEM production and brand sales and other services, passed the EU CE product quality system certification and

ISO9001 international quality system certification, products are sold to more than 30 countries and regions around the world, and have won unanimous praise from customers. "Xizi morning glory" and "LII-AUDIO" (North America)" brands belong to Hangzhou Konggu Electronic Products Co., Ltd. brands

Speaking from personal experience, in China "trademark" law/office/bureaucracy is a work in progress (to put it very charitably). And, my first good friend from China emigrated after the company he founded had its Chinese name kaixin-wang stolen by the same company that once boasted owning EVERY top-rated App on the iPhone (before Apple delisted that company in toto). My friend won a protracted judgment of "incorrect business practice" and compensation of ~$8000 according to the news.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are interested, here are the 2 stores on Taobao in China. If you cannot read Chinese, you can quickly translate it in Chrome browser by right click and select "Translate to English".

Lii Audio (it has no relationship www.lii-audio.com):
https://shop34264741.taobao.com/sho...k.7385961.0.0.5e1137deSzsC1Q&shop_id=34264741

Lii Song (it is related to www.lii-audio.com):
https://shop205791717.taobao.com/sh....7385961.0.0.5e1137deSzsC1Q&shop_id=205791717

You will see that they have some products that are almost the same. Some products are quite different though.

It will be really good to get to the bottom of this.

What if the owner of lii song who has admitted he worked for lii audio was the rep that introduced lii audio to many different people around the world. He buys the web address for lii audio and connects with manufactures that can make these copies or he obtains the contacts from lii and then starts his own company with the copies telling all the contacts they have changed the name but the web address is the same while supplying the new drivers made by who knows who and effectively pulls the switch.

i have no idea what happened here I'm just trying to imagine possible scenarios. If you listen carefully to what lii song isn't saying there seems to be room for question.

from lii song Facebook page.
I get to know this brand from Leon Huijgen who designed Liionidas Open baffle and his compliment on Silver-10, their new flagship driver being better than previous flagship Crystal-10. Well I don't know the whole story behind but it sounds hilarious to me that merely a salesman can "steal" the whole market, website, product stock and technology to make better products, and gets supported by all these reputable audio companies while the "original" only has the registry paper left and could not continue the approved models but make counterfeits of Acoustic Elegance. Anyway I'm not that curious to dig in stories behind and I'm buying for the music not for registry paper.

Speaking from personal experience, in China "trademark" law/office/bureaucracy is a work in progress (to put it very charitably). And, my first good friend from China emigrated after the company he founded had its Chinese name kaixin-wang stolen by the same company that once boasted owning EVERY top-rated App on the iPhone (before Apple delisted that company in toto). My friend won a protracted judgment of "incorrect business practice" and compensation of ~$8000 according to the news.
Oh well, with this kind of business environment it is impossible to know what is truly going on. It seems like completely crazy scenarios exist in the Chinese business environment like the one listed above. It's quite shocking. With this reality, i will stear clear of the offerings from lii/song/audio and make my project with another driver. I'm sure they are fabulous and maybe i would change my mind if i heard them in person but alas, that is not the case . I sincerely hope that everybody enjoy what you have purchased and i am curious about these drivers.

Reactions: 1 users
Like I said it's a work in progress, with real improvements and then backtracking mixed in. The Kaixin case was about a dozen years ago -- for a while the hottest Internet company in China until the name theft. Every few years some trademark "dispute" becomes media headline ("Michael Jordan" or some other sports star; really old indigenous brands), so the broad population is actually well aware of the problem -- hence the progress.

Like I said it's a work in progress, with real improvements and then backtracking mixed in. The Kaixin case was about a dozen years ago -- for a while the hottest Internet company in China until the name theft. Every few years some trademark "dispute" becomes media headline ("Michael Jordan" or some other sports star; really old indigenous brands), so the broad population is actually well aware of the problem -- hence the progress.
Those documents shown by the "original" are dated in 2019 and the Lii in FB stated that they separated with this ex-partner in 2019, too, and registered Lii Song in all markets. Guess they got a big lesson of the importance of trademark registration outside China.

I see a lot of comments here, but how many can talk and read chinese ? how many have been visiting both offices ? How many know something about work culture in China ?
I don't mean that you need to, but I would challenge Decware and other influencers on youtube that they never put a foot in china yet they make statements...
The owner of Lii Audio can not speak english, and the brand Lii Song took the opportunity...In Europe it is a spanish distributor, so i contacted them because i am based in France, and i got 0 investigation from them. So either they are dumb, either they know and they don't want to do something about it.
The story lii audio told me is that he hired lii song (mister He) do outsource doing website for outside china etc. And then got ripped when he figured out...he already sue him in China but as mentioned, legal system in china is not mature, and you need investment to really sue someone and get results internationally.
Lii Song was not a partner, this is really not the story i got from Lii Audio.
There is a really thick layer to cross to understand how cloudy is chinese industry.

Reactions: 2 users
Here is the Crystal 10 I bought from Lii Audio Taobao store. Other than the label, one obvious difference is the use of a cylindrical phase plug.

View attachment 1118242
View attachment 1118244
View attachment 1118246

View attachment 1118242
View attachment 1118244
View attachment 1118246
Yes this is the real one. Also he told me he uses metal sticker which are quite expensive to produce whereas lii song is lower grade sticker quality.