New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

Just for example there was a French brand called Yoyo selling strolley, and as they manufacture in china they got ripped and got copied by a brand called yoyo yuyu...The french brand sue them because they got lots of money selling millions of strolley. Big win...2 month later you can see yuyu again coming in china and they are now the top selling brand compare to yoyo that lost china market almost.
THis is just an example of how tough this is in china (foreign to chinese, and chinese to chinese).

Reactions: 1 user
Just for example there was a French brand called Yoyo selling strolley, and as they manufacture in china they got ripped and got copied by a brand called yoyo yuyu...The french brand sue them because they got lots of money selling millions of strolley. Big win...2 month later you can see yuyu again coming in china and they are now the top selling brand compare to yoyo that lost china market almost.
THis is just an example of how tough this is in china (foreign to chinese, and chinese to chinese).
Well from what i have learned here, i would purchase from lii audio on ali-express. I think it is tragic that it is possible that decware and others around the world are purchasing from a imitation product. It maybe a very good imitation or i guess it's possible to be a great product, it's just that the whole thing started as a betrayal is enough that if i chose one of these companies i'd have to go with lii audio. Somebody's poured their heart and soul into making a company and it looks as through it was just stolen from him. I'm not down with that kind of behavior. In my heart of hearts i believe it this is true and companies like decware get this knowledge they will do the right thing. I really appreciate all the input especially the direct experience. That's important to know.

Caisson rj, not sure if you mentioned it, but when you were there at lii audio, did you hear the alnico 10" anniversary speaker? That looks mighty nice. I would like user experience with the lii audio drivers.

Reactions: 1 users
No i didn't. I already ask too many questions to him...But yes i definitely want to. I just know that alnico are always expensive because of the magnet. China is restricting 0 covid now, so there is possibility that 2023 i will pay him a visit. He released quite a few new ones that i never saw as well. I am scratching my head how to help him as a product designer, but it's better to meet in person as you know...
I currently use ST-6 which lii song copied as well but these ones the cast frame is different so more easy to tell...(they are the gold color speakers)

This is lii audio's fast 5.
What's that you say?
It's not in the website?
Exactly, this is from the company claiming to be the original. There's another clip i found of their 15 coaxial unit. Oh? But they don't make a 15"coaxial? Well lii song doesn't do you won't find it in the website.

H1502 is from the new drivers that i wish to listen...he even made 21" coaxial...those drivers are more complexe to make i just don't know if lii song will be able to replicate them somehow. And if you guess why you don't see lii audio video on youtube from chinese, well youtube is banned in china...they use their own platforms for mainland. That also explains why many hifi brands in china are completely unknown outside of china.

For the ST-6 I used the drawings from the chinese shop. I made the square vented port using left over MDF.

st6.jpg

I was all set to buy some of the regular F-15 speakers from “lii-audio.com” but now I’m hesitant.. I’m less concerned with which is the real lii than I am with sound quality and value for my $.

Which is the better sounding F-15 (or Fast 15) for my money - and which is easier and safer for me to order?

I can't tell you as i have neither. The original lists their parts and specs quality as part of the selling point. I know i would buy from the original because they designed these speakers.

I know from experience that you can take any speaker to a manufacturer and ask them to make you something like it. I did that with a old guitar speaker . My business will be in the future with only the original inventor. They had the chops to make these and innovate and that's where i would personally put my trust.

It's crazy that this took place on a international level. I'm told that the original is a small company that are more traditional culturally and don't speak English and are good at what they do and do it with passion. There's that.

And I'm not saying that the lii songs don't sound good. I'm sure they do. They are copies. I'm just not going to support that kind of thing. Let's see how long they take to release their new coaxial that are already in the market from the original if they can even copy that. That's where i stand. Best of luck with your build. 👍

And.. who did you purchase those from, if you don’t mind me asking?
It was November 1st, 2019 when I made the purchase. The email I received when I created an account contains "You can access your account area to view orders, change your password, and more at: https://www.lii-audio.com/index.php/my-account/"

The email correspondence was from "contact@lii-audio.com". So whoever lii-audio.com was at the end of 2019, was who I had done business with to get the "red/black label, wood phase plug" F15s I own. I note that shipping was $49.95 for both speakers, so I'm pretty sure they came from stock in a US warehouse.

Maybe in the early stage i believe lii song sold some real lii audio stuff...then started to screw around little by little...testing the business side then doing his own.
Fast 15 is higher grade in the lii audio range. Like fast 5 cost 3 times the price than F6.
Fast 15 was also updated this year, but i did not see the new one.
I have F 12 from lii audio (not lii song stuff), and even it's not top range in the product line, manufacturing is still top quality. When people come to my home and see the paper cones, and the wood phase, there is always this what is this...
But even F6 which is the cheapest one, i really like the simple paper structure, reminds me of 60's drivers.

I ordered the same way as Jjasniew, in October 2020, but got the F15s with orange plastic phase plug and green/white/black stickers. Shipping to Europe only took a few days - although I received tracking from China, it was sent from a warehouse in Germany.

Some searching on forums indicates that even after that date, lii-audio.com sold F15s with wooden pp and red/green stickers. Hard to find any logic.

Fast 15 is higher grade in the lii audio range.
Are you taking the original designer's word for it, or did you compare them side by side, preferably with measurements and listening test? Lower price on some of the lii-audio.com drivers might simply indicate lower R&D and production costs or smaller profit margin.

I ordered f15s from lii audio .com and contact@lii-audio.com to Canada in 2020. I bought a piece of plywood and made baffles around 46 inch tall and 36 inch wide, just slightly slanted backwards so as to direct upwards a little. This was a temporary set up to quickly listen to the drivers and break them in. Break in took quite a while, I didn’t time the hours. Subjectively, Tone is really incredible, and bass while not reaching crazy low would stop me and others in their tracks, so to speak , for what I in my limited ability can only describe as fast, impactful , full of different tone and timbre in recordings like I’ve never heard before. I have only had a lot of experience listening to tekton lores and mark audio alpair 12p. I later cut down the baffles so they would fit in my living room , down to 25.5 inches wide, and still love the speakers but certainly lost a lot of that ‘stop you in your tracks’ impact in certain recordings. I plan on making a concrete countertop material type baffle with inlaid colourful stones polished down when I feel like I have time to dive into that project. I was thinking of buying w15s from lii song.ca or sb audience Bianca 15 OB to accompany them. This is all to say I am quite impressed with the speaker driver and service from this company. It will take me a while to come around to the idea that the aliexpress versions aren’t the knock offs. Great to hear this discussion and looking forward to hearing more of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 149