New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

I just checked the chinese listing, currently F15 is gone, but f12 and f18 still there, could be a supply chain problem as china is seriously disturbed currently for manufacturing.
And the new fast 15 seems quite different, but i don't know what the new design is about.

Attachments

• fast15.jpg
    fast15.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 114
  • spec.jpg
    spec.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 103
Lii Xizi morning glory does not post audioclips on their taobao store pages, unlike most of the local competition. So I have not tried any of their drivers. Lii Song "copies" and nameless copies of copies, I avoid out of principle; IMO they both target "dumb foreigners". There are many local brands with years of history and amazingly cost-effective drivers or finished speakers, both FR and co-axial.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Here is F 12 specs that i found if you want to compare these ones. (the curve is from their data sheet)
Basic parameters:

Standard impedance: 8 ohms
Power: 50-80 watts
Frequency response range: 59-16khz
Magnetic flux: 13500gauss
Total quality factor value (QTS): 0.74
Outer diameter: 315MM
Hole diameter: 283MM
Magnet level: Y35 (ferrite)
Sensitivity: 95dB (2.83V/1m)
Weight: 3.6KG/pc
Basin material: paper cone mixed pulp Basin frame
material: cast aluminum
Suspension: paper edge, cloth Elbow
phase cone: solid wood

I also translated from the selling page
"The texture of the medium and high frequencies is very good, and it performs better for vocals, instrumental music, and classical music. The QTS value of the international standard anechoic chamber test is 0.742, which is very suitable for small baffles"

Attachments

• f12-1.jpg
    f12-1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 124
  • f12-2.jpg
    f12-2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 116
  • f12-3.jpg
    f12-3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 113
Lii Song "copies" and nameless copies of copies, I avoid out of principle
Agreed, but ethics aside the copy cat here is much better versed in marketing techniques and its products seem to receive as much accolades as the original.

Since copying is respectfully considered an art in Chinese culture, doesn't that make a good copy even more valuable than the original? :p

Whatever - I still think that a direct comparison of a real/fake driver would be very interesting since people seem equally pleased with both.

Reactions: 1 users
The founder of Tencent/QQ/wechat once proudly coined the company motto "immitatve innovation". He had made his Internet foothold by reverse-engineering ICQ. No highly-positioned Mainland Chinese in any field believed the country's 1.4 billion people could innovate at a high level. They are of course only looking at themselves in the mirror. Everywhere the problem has always been, people with good ideas are steamrollered by people with no scruples.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, but ethics aside the copy cat here is much better versed in marketing techniques and its products seem to receive as much accolades as the original.

Since copying is respectfully considered an art in Chinese culture, doesn't that make a good copy even more valuable than the original? :p

Whatever - I still think that a direct comparison of a real/fake driver would be very interesting since people seem equally pleased with both.
in Xi website look like are the same ...
Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 19-25-19 About Lii Audio _ Lii Song - Lii Audio unique speaker amplfi...png

If i try anything i will make sure it comes from lii audio and not a salesman who stole the identity of another company. What they sound like aside, those lii song drivers are nothing more than a hi-jacking of another invention. I'm sure that most people would not have purchased the lii song product if they knew the story. It's the intentional deception with the name that bothers me the most and excludes then from consideration regardless of sound. If you unknowingly already bought the fake lii song drivers and are happy with them then ok, I'm happy your happy. Knowing the truth though i will avoid lii song at all costs.

That alnico 10" anniversary speaker looks really nice and would be my choice out of what i can find from lii audio on aliexpress.

Not correct, is 2016 please see this https://www.lii-audio.com/about-lii-audio/

And there's the problem. People think lii song is lii audio because they bought the website name. If you look at the speakers they will say lii song on them.

The authentic ones day lii audio and have the horn logo.

If i bought the Toyota website name and started producing Toyota-drive automobiles I'm not the authentic Toyota. This is exactly what happened here with lii audio and why i will never invest in their products regardless of sound. It's just wrong.

Lii is definitly older than 2016, i first saw them arroud in 2008 or 2009 on chinese sites while i was searching for other stuff there. I also saw that a chinese company claims it's a brand from them since 2006 named after one of their engineers called Lii.

And there's the problem. People think lii song is lii audio because they bought the website name. If you look at the speakers they will say lii song on them.

The authentic ones day lii audio and have the horn logo.

If i bought the Toyota website name and started producing Toyota-drive automobiles I'm not the authentic Toyota. This is exactly what happened here with lii audio and why i will never invest in their products regardless of sound. It's just wrong.
this is on decware site https://www.decwareproducts.com/lii-song
1670607428342.png

I see. Obviously Steve is a upright business man. There is definitely fraud going on here and we need to get to the bottom of it for clarity.
The fact is there are two different companies currently selling lii speakers. One had lii song on the label and one has lii audio. The lii audio one had a horn on the label on there magnet cover.

We have a member here who has been to both places of business and reports that lii audio, the one with a horn on the lable and no website is the original who did all the development on these speakers purported to use better quality parts and still developing new drivers not offered by lii song is the rightful owner of this idea. Although we need to somehow verify all this concretely, that's enough for me to steer clear of this fiasco.If true this was all caused by deceitful greed and dishonesty. Looking forward to more clarity on this as the rightful company deserves the credit.

I see. Obviously Steve is a upright business man. There is definitely fraud going on here and we need to get to the bottom of it for clarity.
The fact is there are two different companies currently selling lii speakers. One had lii song on the label and one has lii audio. The lii audio one had a horn on the label on there magnet cover.

We have a member here who has been to both places of business and reports that lii audio, the one with a horn on the lable and no website is the original who did all the development on these speakers purported to use better quality parts and still developing new drivers not offered by lii song is the rightful owner of this idea. Although we need to somehow verify all this concretely, that's enough for me to steer clear of this fiasco.If true this was all caused by deceitful greed and dishonesty. Looking forward to more clarity on this as the rightful company deserves the credit.
look like is the same company! Dw sell fake ?
1670613098686.png
:rolleyes:

Wow nice this topic is finally interesting people...
Founded in 2006 i am saying is the bio of Lii Audio. Lii Song is saying 2016 because this is the time he created it...
Lii is from the name of the founder, they call him lao li in china like old li. The founder of Lii Song family name is He, so you can maybe start to understand that there is no link...
And there is no way even in china that you built a low profit company doing that many stuff from 2016.
I also visited Line Magnetic headquarters and even they are bigger, the scale of growth is very slow in this field, you need passion, otherwise you just don't do high efficiency paper drivers or tubes amps...
I have quite a lot of experience visiting companies in China (i work for bigger corporations before like Lenovo) and the hifi we are talking about is by people who really dare doing something because of passion, which is something really rare, because there is a lot of opportunities for easy cash in other fields. And yes you will find copycats, and even copycats of copycats. The same with big brands like nike and so on.

This is the introduction in China for Lii Audio (sorry if the translation is not spot on, i just use an app)

The Xizi morning glory brand was founded in 2006 by the West Lake in Hangzhou, China. The founder LII is fond of playing antique horns and full-range speakers, and works

The front window of the room was full of morning glory , so it was called "Xizi morning glory ". In 2010, we formally independently designed and developed full-range speakers. During

To the recognition and attention of domestic customers in China, the LII-AUDIO brand was registered in North America in 2017, and international business was started in the same year.

Set up its own anechoic room, design, OEM production and brand sales and other services, passed the EU CE product quality system certification and

ISO9001 international quality system certification, products are sold to more than 30 countries and regions around the world, and have won unanimous praise from customers. "Xizi morning glory" and "LII-AUDIO" (North America)" brands belong to Hangzhou Konggu
Electronic Products Co., Ltd. brands.

This was in Lii audio office when he showed us Lii Song Crystal and Lii Audio Crystal
You can clearly see Lii Song and Lii Audio on the same driver...
You can also notice how the paper cone and suspensions are different.
The phase cone as well is pretty unique with the horn logo on it.

Lii Audio_Loisson.jpg