New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

I'll just add this. I'm not looking down on anyone who chooses to buy lii song. It's a choice and you do what you feel is best. My understanding is though that lii audio started his company out of love of the old legendary coral drivers and the sound they delivered. He then spent years developing a driver to attempt to recreate that sound so lots of r&d and a love for sound and a artist intention. Personally i buy hi fi for the sound as well as the story behind the company. How hard would it be to take a diver to a manufacturer and say, hey, can you make me something like this? It's not hard at all it happens all the time. The deceptive practices I'm not down with like grabbing the lii audio international domain name when they are clearly lii-song. People don't have time to sort things on that level so lii song gets away with it. I understand these days if you can't aquire for whatever reason get a certain product you get something else that's inspired by it or flat out copies it. Knowing what i believe to be true what I'm saying is I'm siding with the creator of these speakers and not lii song the "SMART business guy". It just feels like lii song isn't happy with the huge market they've secured, it really feels like they want lii audios soul. Not cool.

Perhaps we're observing the utter brutality with which business is done. Not just in China, either. Makes me wonder if both will expire over the confusion of those who bother to investigate, ultimately deciding to just buy something else - like a nice 3-way.
Well I'm a speaker lover so I'll always have several pairs😊. I will purchase some lii audio and take the time to break them in and either retrofit or build a proper cabinet for them and listen listen listen to some sweet music. I have exactly zero intention of doing that with lii-song. But i see an opportunity that lii audio could easily challenge lii-sing. They won't though because they build by hand out of passion and simply supply is limited. I'm not sure about the whole line. The upper end models though, are limited.

Right. So the company named "Lii-song" no longer owns the domain name "lii-song" in Canada. However, it does still own the domain name "lii-audio" in the US, even though Lii audio is a different company.

I've given up trying to make sense of any of this. I just hope I get the driver I ordered from Lii Song Canada.....

Reactions: 1 users
Just went through the whole thred. Phew, heck of a lot of back and forth. I've run a pair of Lii Audio FAST10S for some years now, and I believe I got some of the original stock when the US website started selling. This was all before the Decware/Liionidas/Caintuck stuff came out. I've loved them. Best wideband drivers I've ever heard, which isn't exactly saying much. Running them in a semi-OB config with a tri-amp setup. 845 monoblocks running the Lii drivers, Crown XLS running a pair of enclosed Dayton UM-10's with passive radiators, and a Denon class A/B powering a pair of Heil AMT1's for some sparkle up top.
In any case, I've been getting that "upgrade" bug, so I figured it might be time to look into the Morning Glory drivers through AliExpress. In a couple weeks I should have a pair of the Music-10 ALNICO 5th Anniversary. I think it will be fun to see how they sound compared to what is probably the FAST10's from the same manufacturer.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, congratulations. I am burning in the music 8's at the moment. I am astonished. They are sublime. I put them in open baffles for breaking in. Be careful installing them. My 8's have 13 pounds of alnico 5 magnets. I recommend draping folded a towel over the magnet because these things will pull your tools aggressively. the voice and string sounds are hauntingly great. I will Be building a customized folded horn enclosure . Oh man, if ever there was a modern take on the golden era drivers of legend, I nominate the morning glory MUSIC series. I'm told they are leagues better than the standard drivers. They are very heavy cast frames and huge ALNICO magnets are special. Going double thickness on the baffle. based on what I'm hearing, I'm guessing 100 hours for proper break in time with more improvements over time. These things knocked me out. I may just pick up a pair of the Music 10' as well. So nice!

not finished yet the morning glory webs
Just went through the whole thred. Phew, heck of a lot of back and forth. I've run a pair of Lii Audio FAST10S for some years now, and I believe I got some of the original stock when the US website started selling. This was all before the Decware/Liionidas/Caintuck stuff came out. I've loved them. Best wideband drivers I've ever heard, which isn't exactly saying much. Running them in a semi-OB config with a tri-amp setup. 845 monoblocks running the Lii drivers, Crown XLS running a pair of enclosed Dayton UM-10's with passive radiators, and a Denon class A/B powering a pair of Heil AMT1's for some sparkle up top.
In any case, I've been getting that "upgrade" bug, so I figured it might be time to look into the Morning Glory drivers through AliExpress. In a couple weeks I should have a pair of the Music-10 ALNICO 5th Anniversary. I think it will be fun to see how they sound compared to what is probably the FAST10's from the same manufacturer
your tri-amp rig is very intriguing. I am thinking of running a quad of powered subs and then bi amping the music 8's with. Still investigating the tweets. Looking into ribbons. If the music-10' are like the music-8's, they will impress.

imagine what the triax 18 would be like, OMG!
Who's your daddy? hahhahaha

1714475763958.png

not finished yet the morning glory webs

your tri-amp rig is very intriguing. I am thinking of running a quad of powered subs and then bi amping the music 8's with. Still investigating the tweets. Looking into ribbons. If the music-10' are like the music-8's, they will impress.
I wanted the Heils because of the dipole nature, along with the decades long pedigree. I felt they would function much better as super tweeters, than the intended function of going quite low for a tweeter. Since their sensitivity is an honest 94-ish db, I did not want to pad down the Lii to match them. I don't like the thought of having anything between the 845 amps and the Lii drivers. The best idea I could come up with, to get the sound of AMT tweeters, was to be give them their own simple high pass filter and run them on their own amp.

Reactions: 1 user