New "Kinoshita" type build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi hollow. Thanks for that. Dayton Audio products are not freely available is South Africa and have to be imported. Our customs are very slow and average 12 weeks. The jig was not that complex, and I don’t mind as I get to learn a lot through the experience. I have been in this hobby for about 8 years, starting off knowing how to fit a mains plug, to where I have successfully built, with some assistance, 3 passpabs amplifiers. ,f3,f5, and aleph x 100w monos. I don’t mind doing the work now, as I would love to replace the dsp with a full passive in the future. But. For now, to get the dsp right is going to be marvelous. Thanks again

Hi hollow. Thanks for that. Dayton Audio products are not freely available is South Africa and have to be imported. Our customs are very slow and average 12 weeks.

Wow. I had no idea.

I have successfully built, with some assistance, 3 passpabs amplifiers. ,f3,f5, and aleph x 100w monos.

OK, my bad assumption. I didn't realise you were good with electronics.

I would love to replace the dsp with a full passive in the future.

IMO, the only downside to an good active system is the cabling & lack of portability.

...but I don't get the valve / boutique amp thing either. I'm one of those unrefined people who think that electronics, cables and whatnot are interchangeable (if good), and faulty if they are not.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
approx 45 degrees off axis directly in the centre of The speakers.
correction filters
I assume then that you have the speakers pointed down the room. This can assist near same wall reflections.

The problem with measuring and correcting is that it doesn't undo the reflections. The combination of the direct and reflected sound can alter the response, which can be compensated, but reflections also have direction and timing which is a job that is sometimes handled by a waveguide/horn, and speaker positioning.

I hear you, never assumed that. My room does have degrees of treatment, so is not too "LIVE". When I do the measurements again tommorow,the accurite ones, I'm sure you will pick up the effects of the reflections.

Attachments

• Diffuser panel.jpg
    Diffuser panel.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 194
Have other goods up as well. Still constructing more. Have a total of 10 square meters for my back wall. Thick velvet drapes, with acoustic backing on the one side wall, and 2 ceiling panels to handle points of first reflection. Not much for bass treatment though

The photo was just to show what I had made ��

Hi Guys
so I have been busy trying to get the measurements done more accurately.
The levels for all drivers were matched, and individual driver measurements were done with no filtering, as requested by a few. I made up the impedance measuring jig, but am battling with it. Can't seem so get it right yet. I will continue trying over the next week, but making me mad at the moment.

Attachments

• beyma full sweep no filter 1m on axis.jpg
    beyma full sweep no filter 1m on axis.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 175
  • jbl 1m on axis 300hz up no filter.jpg
    jbl 1m on axis 300hz up no filter.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 178
  • fullrange sweep xo 1200hz 1m on axis.jpg
    fullrange sweep xo 1200hz 1m on axis.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 173
  • fullrange sweep xo 1200hz 2m on axis.jpg
    fullrange sweep xo 1200hz 2m on axis.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 172
I see that portion of the measurements were cut off, try again, see attached

Attachments

• fullrange sweep, xo1200hz, 2m on axis.jpg
    fullrange sweep, xo1200hz, 2m on axis.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Fullrange sweep, xo1200hz, 1m on axis.1.jpg
    Fullrange sweep, xo1200hz, 1m on axis.1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Beyma sweep, 1m on axis, no filter.1.jpg
    Beyma sweep, 1m on axis, no filter.1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 45
  • jbl 300hz+ sweep, 1m on axis, no filtering .1.jpg
    jbl 300hz+ sweep, 1m on axis, no filtering .1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 161
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.