New DXA-400 class D Amplifier-Info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
PCB strategy is very complex, with experience in designing special circuits you know well..only.
44.1Khz? now I understand why you think many 600kHz:D:D
Regards

Even mine is 4 layer with power planes and ground planes covering EMI inferno areas.:)

Switching at 600khz just to get THAT:D

Still waiting for open load graph of your esoteric amplifier

Last edited:
Even mine is 4 layer with power planes and ground planes covering EMI inferno areas.:)

Switching at 600khz just to get THAT:D

Still waiting for open load graph of your esoteric amplifier
:)
It seems that you do not agree that this new amp has no problems.
amplifiers do not know, do not even know me.
if you are so good that you need only look at the components, then see how they are arranged.Because this is important to understand (did not know this?)
all projects included in the forum have put your all the same defect.
Digital Stage does not seem important to you, slawerate is not important, on-chip ... chip on chip and amplifier is perfectly sound as MP3:D

Last edited:
:)
It seems that you do not agree that this new amp has no problems.
amplifiers do not know, do not even know me.
if you are so good that you need only look at the components, then see how they are arranged.Because this is important to understand (did not know this?)
all projects included in the forum have put your all the same defect.
Digital Stage does not seem important to you, slawerate is not important, on-chip ... chip on chip and amplifier is perfectly sound as MP3:D

Digital stage? where in class-d you find digital stage when the modulation is PWM with analog input.............:p

Seems like your poor english is a barrier in your replies.:)

all projects included in the forum have put your all the same defect

What does this means ? kindly demonstrate it:)

AP2,

What is the gain of the preamp module? Can you describe the "optional USB2 input"? Thanks.

Hi GLT,
I decided to make a simple diagram for responding to others who have asked me "what has of innovative this amplifier?". I believe that protections are one of innovative and well researched.

Gain for the preamp, if you see the diagram in the first post, the gain loop closed at input MXD. For this reason, the PRE is better than having a low gain.
right to include certain features and adapt the impedance to MXD-INPUT.
(This is very low <600R).
respect to the optional module (DSP), this is essentially composed of three chips.
AD-AU1702, USB controller and external DAC AD1852. (One channel can be used as 2way from dsp).
The reason for this is tied to particular uses of this module and for compatibility with the Sigma Delta Studio software package.
function obtained with this module is that the PC can see the amp as an audio board out devices (USB2) directly up to 192KHz.
main reason for this module is also able to connect a wireless-usb directly to input for other uses.
basic option is (PC see amp as Out audio devices) (module includes drivers for window,xp,vista)

Regards

Attachments

• Pre & Prot-diagram.png
    Pre & Prot-diagram.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 762
Hi,
this is the curve of THD + N Vs Power DXA-400.
as required by ticksNLeeches, short put curve phase and output impedance.
also the curve vs. power especially in the stretch near the clip is clear that the drivers work and the modulator (enter a short delay), so can thd lowest when the percentage of modulation is greater than 90%.
This measure reflects the work that has been done to achieve the goal ... a very fast amplifier with excellent performance without the intrinsic defects of class D.
also have a good amplifier thd already increased to 10 KHz, this corresponds with the increase in phase delay. Higher speed = ( more high definition audio high frequency, low THD at high modulation percentage, the less delay.):)

Regards

Attachments

• DXA-400-thd-vs-power(4R)-2.PNG
    DXA-400-thd-vs-power(4R)-2.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 715
This amplifier topology reminds me a lot of MHz class d which was in the spot light a few years ago. One thing that everyone should remember is that taking a patented topology and adding components around it is no way to go around the patent. What you end up with is a solution, even if patentable, which is depending on the original patent i.e. you need a license to sell it. In this case you probably need to buy a license on Brunos UcD patent (from Philips or Bobitrans or whoever owns the rights right now) but it presumes that you have no hysteresis in the modulator comparator and it also presumes that Brunos patent is valid.

One measurement that I would like to see is when you are running this amplifier into clipping, both with load and without. Besides that I must say that I am impressed by the extensive amount of modules you have on your webpage :)

This amplifier topology reminds me a lot of MHz class d which was in the spot light a few years ago. One thing that everyone should remember is that taking a patented topology and adding components around it is no way to go around the patent. What you end up with is a solution, even if patentable, which is depending on the original patent i.e. you need a license to sell it. In this case you probably need to buy a license on Brunos UcD patent (from Philips or Bobitrans or whoever owns the rights right now) but it presumes that you have no hysteresis in the modulator comparator and it also presumes that Brunos patent is valid.

One measurement that I would like to see is when you are running this amplifier into clipping, both with load and without. Besides that I must say that I am impressed by the extensive amount of modules you have on your webpage :)
----
Dear Pabo, you can not say something so serious without being sure.
Technology that "MXD" absolutely different from the amp that you mentioned.
this is not the UDC. this is much better than UDC and "B & O", I mean the performance (Measures).
UDC you think is the best forever? you can not have a better result without the feedback post-Filter?
we are very quiet, I personally have worked two years on this project, without even looking at other amps are like.
then you can buy one if you want.
I add , that udc is good but obsolete , not solve transient driver , is slow amplifier , you can measured.
MXD fly it can running up to 900Mhz actually.
see other amp at 15Khz (phase degree):)
If other Us not have... me for develop new true strategy , this is not my problem.
A short maybe you attak me also for my new PSU? eh,eh,eh! this not exist ,where I got to copy?

Regards

Last edited:
Hi AP2!

I do not mean to attack you, it is up to you to do what you want with this information but I know patents and by simply looking at your block diagram I can tell you that ICEpower will have some things to say about your amplifiers once they find out about them. If you read the first claim in their application you will see your amplifier. It does not matter if you have looked at other amplifiers when you have designed MXD, if it has been invented before then it has been invented before.

I propose to you that you show your amplifier to a patent attorney in Italy and also show them the ICEpower patent. Make sure that the attorney is specialized in analog electronics so that what he says matters.

Hi AP2!

I do not mean to attack you, it is up to you to do what you want with this information but I know patents and by simply looking at your block diagram I can tell you that ICEpower will have some things to say about your amplifiers once they find out about them. If you read the first claim in their application you will see your amplifier. It does not matter if you have looked at other amplifiers when you have designed MXD, if it has been invented before then it has been invented before.

I propose to you that you show your amplifier to a patent attorney in Italy and also show them the ICEpower patent. Make sure that the attorney is specialized in analog electronics so that what he says matters.
ok, sorry, is clare that after very long work (team-MDI) I jumping:).
I not see similary diagram, sure feedback is...feedback not possible other design on diagram. this based on self-oscillator pre-filter primary feedback.
after this, modulation is result (no direct modulate) of ring balanced mixer. this is sufficient for new patent.:)
infact, patent pending of "MXD" on 10 states is requested
Regards

Last edited:
AP2

Well, it may be enough for a new patent but if you are including the ICEpower topology in your amplifier you will still be depending on their patent to use your topology. That is why their first claim is so wide, they want to include as much as possible and unfortunately for you, their application is alive.

AP2

Well, it may be enough for a new patent but if you are including the ICEpower topology in your amplifier you will still be depending on their patent to use your topology. That is why their first claim is so wide, they want to include as much as possible and unfortunately for you, their application is alive.

yes, this work around international patent etc, is not my job,an agency is responsible for this.
B&O not have secret , normal amplifier self-oscillant with return one or two path feedback in operational pre-comparator. not special amplifier.
UDC is very famous and simple. MXD not have null of this simple circuit,only diagram is simple.

Regards

Last edited:
OK, if you refuse to listen to what I am saying it is your decision. But just to explain one last time. Their first claim is simply to have a class d amplifier with feedback from before the filter containing a pole, feedback from after the filter containing lead and an active or passive error amplifier and a forward path. How this error amplifier and forward path is made does not matter.

right for more info, new or old style modulator is not sufficient to achieve optimal performance innovative. So tell me, what amp circuits innovation driver? I repeat the various posts that this stage is important.
IR2110? or 4 transistors? ahh. The new IR 29xx not remember ..!
I want to tell the whole amplifier is the result of research, not the wire if the feedback is connected before or after the filter. All amplifiers have all the same defects. nobody has designed everything completely new. This is a reality!:)

Regards

OK, if you refuse to listen to what I am saying it is your decision. But just to explain one last time. Their first claim is simply to have a class d amplifier with feedback from before the filter containing a pole, feedback from after the filter containing lead and an active or passive error amplifier and a forward path. How this error amplifier and forward path is made does not matter.

ok,this is not room right for this problem.
You see a theorical in ref at class d amplifier.
I see output signal (audio) at class A-B return signal on differential transistors at input (signal to signal in this area is without class D) general feedback is not patentable becouse all circuit use (air-flap) motor e all AC-DC circuit.
mybe in side di mxd...oscillator eh,eh.
a company does not spend two years in research to copy a mediocre amp.:)
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.