New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been using an LM338 regulated power supply for a while now as a generic supply for various projects, with the output as high as +/-30V at 4 amps continuous, with occasional short demand spikes as high as 10A, so I don't see a problem with using them to regulate the whole amp supply. That being siad, I would err a bit on the side of caution, and separately regulate each channel. Also, don't forget to put a big schwack of capacitance after the regulator too.

Never Mind i found it.

Attachments

• regulated_supply_sch_mod.gif
    regulated_supply_sch_mod.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 3,003
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
jleaman said:
Wonder how hard it would be brian to build a nice regulated board for this power supply.

I have a design partially worked out with a power supply board, allowing for the option of regulation. I will post details of the setup when I have time. I will be back from my business trip on Saturday night, and I can talk to you then.

--
Brian

Id love to see brian make a simple Regulated board WIth the psu board all in one.
You are right:) To make it simple in the spirit of these amps, why not scissor out the zener regulator, including capacitance multiplier, from the ZenV4? I have used it on several occasions with very good results. If there was any hum from the supply, it totally disappeared after implementing that simple regulator:) Furthermore, a big Mosfet is a rugged device that can take some beating;) I think a LM338 will raise the white flag before a hefty IRF device does:)

Steen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.