• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (14th GB)

Not for this time, of course, but out of curiosity, I wondered what it would cost to make the boards in the US.

I have been using OshPark for small boards and they make very nice quality boards in the US. They have a medium run service that has a minimum of 100 sq. inches per order at $1 per sq. inch and in quantities of 10. For the 120 x 100 mm FE board, the minimum order would be 10 boards or 5 kits for $37.20 per kit. Ordering more is no problem, but they have to be ordered in increments of 10 to get this pricing. That is a 1 oz copper board on a 1.6 mm thick FR4 board with ENIG finish and purple mask. Purple is their signature color and is the only color available.

Another option that I haven't experienced is Sunstone. They have a quantity variable price structure, but at 50 boards, green mask, and 3 weeks build time, boards with ENIG finish are $20.74 each or $41.48 per kit. However, if you are willing to go silver immersion finish, the price drops to $10.80 per board. All US made.

Of course, silver has downsides if you don't build it right away.

I just thought it would be interesting to consider for the future, if European options aren't available. Given the nature of the pcb business, I'm sure things will have changed by next time.

Jac

Hey what's the current state of affairs does the modified BOM already exist?

Was browsing Mouser yesterday, and had seen that the Nexperia BAV for D1, D2 were

discontinued.

But you can still buy them elsewhere, so it's not that bad.

It is annoying that the Elna ROA for C9 is now difficult to get.

GB update

Boards arrived, quality is pretty good but sadly they produced them with 1.6mm thickness instead of 2.0mm.

I've send them back and they will re-manufacture, this means that boards will be in my hands in September.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 491
I was introduced to this amplifier by Jac, I would like to get in on the group buy if it is not too late or there are extras. Please let me know if that's possible. Thanks!

I've ordered some extra boards, if you want to participate simply fill in the spreadsheet (Country, # of boards, SMD Option) and PM me your email address associated with PayPal.

Can I participate in this project too? I'm curious to hear a self-built amplifier. thank you

It is a good choice because it is an Italian amplifier.;-)

As a reminder, for those of you asking about getting pcbs, Dario suggests that you put your name on the Google Spreadsheet that is linked on the first page of this thread. He has ordered some extras and the spreadsheet is how he will connect people with those extras.

Enjoy,
Jac

Got bored

Ordered parts to stuff the four boards ordered Saturday. US delivery from Newark came in today. Got another coming from Farnell in the UK.
Used the posted BOM. Did change to Cree or Wolfspeed rectifiers. And some Multicomp filter caps. The 10,000 ufd 63 volt are 1.80 USD.
Will reuse a chassis and power transformer. May start on modifying the chassis.

Attachments

• BEF7ACDC-75B0-4AB2-93D3-CF761D61C6DB.jpg
    BEF7ACDC-75B0-4AB2-93D3-CF761D61C6DB.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 248
Boards arrived, again wrong...

This week the re-manufactured boards arrived, right tickness, better quality but

WITHOUT ANY SILKSCREEN :mad:

attachment.php

I've asked the supplier to re-manufacture again and I'm waiting for an answer, I'll keep you updated.

I'm furious and really sorry.

Attachments

• 20200917_211357072_iOS.jpg
    20200917_211357072_iOS.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 392