• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (14th GB)

I didn't realize the Cerafine were no longer made, either. Has anyone tried the Audio Note Kaisei? Reviews suggest they are similar to Blackgate, but I don't know how they would sound in an FE.

If anyone wants to try the Blackgate PK, I have several extra pairs I am willing to pass along. I paid $1 each from PCX and will send them along for that, plus shipping. Send me a PM.

Jac

Hmm, I only see now that the Cerafine from ebay come from china.
I'm actually always very cautious and suspicious when I read “China” in the article location.
Yes, I know, but in the last 3-4 years China has been the only source of 220uF/50V Cerafines.

All the ones I've bought were the real thing but I can't obvioulsy guarantee...

Has anyone tried the Audio Note Kaisei?
Do you mean these ones?

attachment.php

I've tried them in 2016 when preparing the 1.6 BOM, if I remember correctly they sounded clear and refined but lacked bass.

Attachments

• 20210222_225352817_iOS.jpg
    20210222_225352817_iOS.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 356
Did anyone else ordered this? I ordered one pair right after Dario posted link but now received message from the seller that wharehouse is out of stock...
I did order a pair too and received same message...

I would order BlackGate PK then, since they're still available from HiFiCollective:

BG220u4PK: 220uF 4V Black Gate PK Type | Hifi Collective

Take in account that you will have to pay VAT and import duties after Brexit.

I did order a pair too and received same message...

I would order BlackGate PK then, since they're still available from HiFiCollective:

BG220u4PK: 220uF 4V Black Gate PK Type | Hifi Collective

Take in account that you will have to pay VAT and import duties after Brexit.

I ordered from HiFiCollective 100V cerafines, Amtrans AMCH and Auricap and picked the cheapest post option and since the package was small luckily didn't go through customs :)

Another part that is suddenly difficult to source is the ON Semi bipolar transistor for Q1. In the US, both Mouser and Newark are out of stock, and I didn't find it listed for sale anywhere else (except ebay). Mouser doesn't expect new stock until December 2021!

I guess these times call for extraordinary patience!

So I bought ebay transistors from a New Jersey parts supplier. The seller looks legit.

Just to say, I put off ordering for my My_Ref until I had some other projects ready to go. Thus, I went to order yesterday, and found out that *nine* BOM items were on backorder! [C1, C2, C9, C14, C15, C16, D4, R20, Q1]. This list includes common parts like Nichicon 50V electrolytic capacitors. Wow.

I found substitutes for most parts that were not expected to restock within the next six weeks. I hope to get my backordered parts by mid-April. So, it will be awhile before I have my amp assembled and ready to test.

But All OK. Patience.

Another part that is suddenly difficult to source is the ON Semi bipolar transistor for Q1. In the US, both Mouser and Newark are out of stock, and I didn't find it listed for sale anywhere else (except ebay). Mouser doesn't expect new stock until December 2021!

I guess these times call for extraordinary patience!

So I bought ebay transistors from a New Jersey parts supplier. The seller looks legit.

Just to say, I put off ordering for my My_Ref until I had some other projects ready to go. Thus, I went to order yesterday, and found out that *nine* BOM items were on backorder! [C1, C2, C9, C14, C15, C16, D4, R20, Q1]. This list includes common parts like Nichicon 50V electrolytic capacitors. Wow.

I found substitutes for most parts that were not expected to restock within the next six weeks. I hope to get my backordered parts by mid-April. So, it will be awhile before I have my amp assembled and ready to test.

But All OK. Patience.

Check Digikey, they have ON Semi bipolar transistor for Q1 on hand plus possibly some of the other parts on hand that you might be looking for.