My Transistors, original or copy?

Hi everyone,
got a bunch of 2SC1403A, I compare the 2SC1403A to a used 2SC2608, the Font is right ,but the base thickness is thin compare to the 2SC2608.original or copy?
20220923_231115.jpg 20220923_231057.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That may be Rick, but as you are well aware, they are extremely good at faking markings. Since the source is unknown to me, I have to assume the worst, and if his tester is any good, testing the part as a JFet really doesn't surprise me.

I buy only from authorized vendors or known good suppliers. Even then I confirm the part through electrical testing since the cost of a fake is much higher than the cost of the part - never mind additional troubleshooting time. So if there is any doubt at all, confirm the assumption the part is in fact as marked.

Who’s Rick?
Anyway , out of curiosity, I tested my 992/1845 with a cheap multifunction tester (tc1 ) and a better one(dca75) ,
The transistors in the picture are just fine, but I already knew that since I bought them from Arrow.com.

NOT all things on eBay are fake, I sold a lot of my components there, when you buy off eBay just look for the private sellers not big companies like utsource or others.

Attachments

• 7D9300E1-6FE6-4A0B-9CB2-C2B4E703334B.jpeg
    7D9300E1-6FE6-4A0B-9CB2-C2B4E703334B.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 126
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi asuslover,
Rick is the member I replied to. He is experienced.

No, not all parts on Eek-Pay are fakes or bad. But a significant number are in fact not what they are sold as. There are in fact many private sellers who buy from Aliexpress ... so there you go. You cannot count on any blanket "safe" type of seller. The only one safe type these days are authorized resellers. Period. I will buy from some older members here if they bought through authorized channels. Otherwise forget it! I won't take a chance with my reputation or my word. Not for a few dollars!

I have various instruments used for testing and characterizing components. I lost count of all the good transistor testers I have. I collect test gear since that is also my background.