My Transistors, original or copy?

Don't feel bad. A good technician never gets stuck on a tough problem, it's always the easy ones ... Years of observation.

I'm surprised that reverse connected capacitors caused that problem, not unless they do have voltage across them. I'm just glad you got it working.

-Chris

Tha caps are not normal elco,s but Tantalum capacitor these leak voltage when connected wrong. and the amp has a negatieve fantom supply for the mic a la mister linkwitz, modded panasonic.

regards

Just ordered these 2sk170bl's on ebay. Couldn't find them anywhere else. Guy in Israel on the bay since 2005. 100% pos. feedback. Who knows? Guess I will find out. Bought 2 matched,set of 4 X2sets.

Attachments

• 231741984270_1.jpg
    231741984270_1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 345
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 351
Joined 2008
Paid Member
The other half is an NPN, too.

I did not order my part off eBay, but from ASWO. They once sent me fake Panasonic FC's, too. I called them up, but unfortunately they were'nt able to replicate my measurement. At least they brought two new parts on the way to me, so I hope they are genuine this time. They also told me they didn't have any such problems lately, so it's good to see that I'm not the first one to discover bipolars in disguise as JFETs.