• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

To be honest, I only bought the Ohmite because the Vishay's were out of stock. I just picked the next ones on the list that were available because I'm too impatient to wait. :)

MOX70031000BYE Ohmite | Mouser

Expensive little guys...

@Chris,
no no my stupid ... I asked (only) for the black one on the MUSES board .. Ohmite, ok will take a look to them. :)
On my other build I will use Vishay Z-Foil .. and we will see. ;-)

Last edited:
56VA 9V/36V (18V x2) transformer came in today. Should make a fine source of AC for the volume control. Might even be a good choice for some other devices. I’ll mount it to a proto board, add some Euroblocks—instant power source. Not terribly beefy boards, but should be satisfactory until I want to build something purposeful.

Part number is a few posts up.

Attachments

• 6FB12243-2D89-4FF4-9772-21F3CB0401C8.jpg
    6FB12243-2D89-4FF4-9772-21F3CB0401C8.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 278
  • EC5FB539-C548-4354-860F-C22F1D7EDAA8.jpg
    EC5FB539-C548-4354-860F-C22F1D7EDAA8.jpg
    998.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Got as far as I can today while waiting for the last couple of connectors and the rotary encoder to arrive. Got 'er packed and stacked. I had to desolder some connectors and replace them with Arduino-style stacked headers so that they could nest together.

For those familiar with this setup, you'll notice that connectors X3, X4-3, and X4-4 aren't installed. I'll be capturing the audio at a non-standard location for a special integration in my project. So I've left those connectors out of this set as I'll be wiring directly to the board(s) at these locations.

Attachments

• IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    929.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Got as far as I can today while waiting for the last couple of connectors and the rotary encoder to arrive. Got 'er packed and stacked. I had to desolder some connectors and replace them with Arduino-style stacked headers so that they could nest together.

For those familiar with this setup, you'll notice that connectors X3, X4-3, and X4-4 aren't installed. I'll be capturing the audio at a non-standard location for a special integration in my project. So I've left those connectors out of this set as I'll be wiring directly to the board(s) at these locations.

Nice, very nice Work! :)

Please can you explain a little :confused:
Thanks again!
I see you have two volume attenuators boards there. Are you building a 4-channel unbalanced system? If so (meldano will correct me if I’m wrong) then I believe that one set of stackable Arduino-style headers are needed on one board, and a regular female (non-stacking) header on the other. That way signal and voltage can pass to each board.

I’d have to double check the documents, but I believe you’re correct with your photos, presuming the above is true. If you uses stackable headers on both boards, you may just end up cutting off the long leads you don’t need on one of the boards.