• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

Quote: There's no any displaying volume level?

My understanding is indeed there is none. BUT on the other hand Meldano just replied this could be a base and he had future developments in mind ("big").

I would say it is best if you ask him regarding potential evolutions and compatibilities of this kit, so you are not mistaken.

Meldano has in the past produced kits that included an optional display so he knows his stuff. It would indeed be great if this basic kit could provide an easy upgrade path for future displays...

Enjoy music

Claude

Last edited:
To avoid misunderstandings: this project does not support a display. Many users had problems with disturbance caused by the display. I've already finalised a big project. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.
Hi meldano,what is the problem with the display in the old version.
I ask because i have this still unpopulated and i want to know if i must buy the display.
A separate power supply and the isolator ADUM1250ARZ isn't enough to solve the problem?

Last edited:
I ordered some Mainboards.
After assembling one of them and do some software work, I will start a group buy ;)

Attachments

• MusesMainboard.png
    MusesMainboard.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 378
Hi Meldano,
I have read a lot of posts in this article, and I am very impressed by your work.
Interested in a Volume Control v.2 with 8 channels, to connect between my Asus Essence STXII soundcard's 8 PCM-channel outputs and 8 ICEpower amps modules.

It this possible to do, or do I need additional components for this.

Good work // Micke

Hi All,
I'm not used to these Swap Meets and Groups Buy's, and the last thing I want to do is to cut corners or offeding someone due to my unexperience.

But if its OK for all that I want to ask meldano:

Thank you for your fast answer meldano.
If I have understand everything right, I'm interested in to by a fully programmed controller board for Volume Control v.2 and 4 Volume Attenuator cards and any support card required for full IR remote compabilities.

Everything else I order from my local Electronics Store (probably Conrad Sweden).

I do have a question about the rotary encoder, how many steps/rotation has the encoder
And many steps the Controller card using.
How many of these steps is used the -120/0/120 or -160/0/160 degrees area the mainstream normal volume controls use.
And the next question: If I want to use a decoder that fully used the Muse Volume chip (one rotation click == 0.5db incerase/decrease can I do this).