MTM with TC9fd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:nownow: just because it doesn't cost much, doesn't mean it should look cheap! :D

I mean - I've done cardboard baffles that looked better. ;)

..besides, cork is actually quite expensive (..even if you got it in "inventory", it's one of those "things" where you question if it's worth it.)

This is what I have on (baffle) supply for a *project like you've got here:

https://www.amazon.com/BalanceFrom-Puzzle-Exercise-Interlocking-Tiles/dp/B074J6Y2JL

-works great to cover-up baffle "sins" and can even help a bit with a grill-cloth (panty-hose) and diffraction! :)

It's also fairly cheap on a square-foot basis.

*really - who has the time or energy to countersink drivers these days? :D

Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
due to popular demand (ScottG whose cardboard boxes look better) here are some "tar" speakers :)

Attachments

• domes.jpg
    domes.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 728
  • tar speakers.jpg
    tar speakers.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 738
Reactions: 1 user
I resserected my build and put it in a 4" x 4" x 12" PVC fence post. I lined the inside with Sonic Barrier lightweight vinyl damping sheets. Stuffed it with bonded dacron from Meniscus. I originally kept it (prototype) open as adason did, but this new build is now sealed. I'm loving it.

I used a 0.2 mH and 3.3 uF and no resistor. For bass duty it sits on top of a single RS225 BR cabinet. I originally had 2 RS225's in a Z-frame but prefer a single in a BR. Pics and new measurement attached.

Attachments

• P1090718.JPG
    P1090718.JPG
    434.4 KB · Views: 756
  • P1090715.JPG
    P1090715.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 743
  • TC9 ND20 MTM Mini-Post.png
    TC9 ND20 MTM Mini-Post.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 752
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.