• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mr White's "Opus", designing a simple balanced DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Russ/Brian
Just finished my Teleporter/Opus/Ventus/Volumite HA/PRE build and I have to say it sounds very good indeed. (Yes Brian I’m the Brit who never manages to order everything in one go:eek:)
I have the Opus Dc coupled to the Ventus and the pre out section is isolated when I plug headphones in.
The ventus really bring my HD650 to life with the stock gain setting.
I’m going to have a listen with it as a pre next which will be interesting when compared to my Buffalo 3/Legato (look ma no caps)
Thanks for a great sounding kit at a very reasonable price.:)
Not a moan but a suggestion:D
I know that you must be busy but just a little snippet in the Manual about using the Opus in SW mode would be great.
I did find the answer on the support forum but was unsure if I had it right until the music flowed.
Just for others I have
I2S -0
And all the rest set to open(z)
Switch wise.
Thanks again

Hi All

A quick update

Whilst I’ve enjoyed the Ventus as a headphone amp driving my hd650 I’ve felt that it was slightly less successful driving my Audiosector chip amp.

So I ordered an IVY3 and wow it sounds superb.:D

It just seems to do a better job which is no real surprise I guess because that’s what it was designed to do.

Great work Russ/Brian I’m very happy with the Teleporter/Opus/IVY3/Volumite IT SOUNDS Awesome.

So now the Ventus gets its own box and works as a standalone Headphone amp so it’s happy too.

Thanks again:santa:

Ummm...

Would anybody know if it's possible to bypass the SRC in software mode?
(Hifiduinocode lists them,but not the "unused" one)

Kind of like PS Audio's NativeX,which totally bypasses the SRC and sounds better in this mode.

"Native" and "Native X" modes on the PerfectWave DAC do not bypass the oversampling of the Wolfson Chip. These modes bypass the asynchronous sample rate converter, which is a TI chip. Even in "Native" and "Native X" modes, the oversampling and filtering of the Wolfson DAC chip are still active. Indeed, it would probably be a bad idea to run a delta sigma DAC like the Opus with no oversampling. If you use the Opus without a Metronome, via an i2S source, you are running it in the same way as "Native" mode in the PerfectWave DAC.

Hi All

I've just started my opus project. My plan is to make my opus dac modul working with amanero usb and play dsd and pcm stream also without mechanical switching.
Amanero has i2c tools. Is there a way to do it ? So when my foobar sends DSD data to amanero I want it to change mode to dsd on dac with modifying register value.

Certainly I've come across with arduino solution written on hifiduino's site but a bit confusing to me. First I just want the automatic switching.

thanks in advance
Karoly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.