• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mr White's "Opus", designing a simple balanced DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey pinnocchio, see post from Brian on last page?

Revised layout, option for Tridents regulators, Volumite built in...

Is there any reason why, a 5V trident couldn't be retrofitted to an Opus2.0 to replace the LDO? I'm about to build a dac around dual mono Opus2.0 and don't need the built in volumite.

I'm also wondering, current tridents are good for 100mA, the LDO on the Opus 2.0 is good for 150mA from memory. Does this mean you're going to shoot for a higher current in the 5V trident? Or with IAVDD on the WM8741 being ~55mA is there no advantage? [I might have answered my own question there but still asking the question :)]

If I want to have one with an SPDIF input and a usb-I2s input what is the correct way to implement this? I can see that doing one or the other is pretty easy but am trying to come up with a good way for multiple inputs. Would the 4 input board from the Buffalo3 work along with a sidecar?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.