• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mr Evil's Capacitance Multiplier Power Supply PCB

Hi Pete,

I have assembled a new CP using the parts you listed below except I used MUR860G for the diodes. For some reason, I can't seem to get it to adjust the voltage. Are there some resistor changes that need to be made as well?

Thanks, Terry
Not as far as I know, but if you suspect that kind of problem, try it at a lower voltage using your Variac to adjust the line voltage.

Terry,
Did you ever get this figured out.? i have 2 CP that won't adj. either although i used all orig. parts except 15K caps for C1 & C2.

"I have assembled a new CP using the parts you listed below except I used MUR860G for the diodes. For some reason, I can't seem to get it to adjust the voltage. Are there some resistor changes that need to be made as well?"

Terry,
Thank You, that would be a big help. :D
I am running +- 43.7 at the fuse.The first 3 i built came up & adj. with no load. This last one & my etched version of his Single Layer won't adj.

Hi Rick,

Here is a schematic with the voltages I read with the PSU set to +-43.6 at the fuses and the output set to approximately +-43.2 with no load on it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• schemtic with voltages 3-12-14.jpg
    schemtic with voltages 3-12-14.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 446