MPP

Here is a picture of one of our rooms at CES2014.
I will be back in Germany on Sunday.
Next show is Norddeutsche HiFi Tage in Hamburg 1rst and 2nd Feb so not much time for DIY.

Attachments

• Canalis CEAS 2014.PNG
    Canalis CEAS 2014.PNG
    698.9 KB · Views: 489
Yes, Michael. We have learned quite a bit since the Paradise has being designed.
A ballanced input for example can use a DC bias scheme where no electrolitics are nesessarry to separate AC and DC.
We can also integrate the buffer into the mirrors and make the mirrors better.
I have nothing against a current input ether.
This whole thread was about current inputs for quite a while and the Nobrainer has a current input too.
We could also use a bit more gain.
On the other hand we did not make good experiences with group buys and for some the Paradise is simply to hard to build.
I also whould like to explore SMD and make the complete PSU part of the package including correct transformer.
Then there is the issue of packaging, eg. cabinet.
I am thinking about completely stuffed and fuctioning PCBs.
The only way to do this is put the new stage into the vendors forum.
By the way i came up with a name :
What do you think about " Transporter " ?

I actually thought (well i'm not finished yet, but almost) that paradise is a perfect and a little "larger" project. I think what makes people not finish it is alot about the transistor matching.. Myself i had to order 900+900 pcs to get great matches.

So myself i would perfer it like today - with maybe a separate PSU board which also makes it possible to sink to the case.

It should not be a replacement, but rather a different philosophy. could be fun to explore other directions and to sample different flavours. I see the paradise as a brilliant work and in some extents state of the art, so this idea i released to Gerhard is not in anyway a degradation, but as a creative mind you often wonder What if..??

Last edited:
MiiB: I think i explained it in a bad way - what i meant was that if you guys make a new phono stage, and would like to give it to the DIY-community. Then i think it would be great make it like the Paradise again, that is groupbuy of boards and you'll have to order parts yourself. But with the exception that PSU and Circuit have separate boards. And maybe even go a bit further with preregulator and everything?
But this is just my thought on it - you guys should do what you think is most fun for yourselves - since that is what this really is about isn't it? :)