MPP

Jesus, remind me never to need a tooth pulled near your house.... ;-)

I think that the dentist are prety much the same for both of us maybe with the exception that one we have around here Is called Dr Paine (no kiding)

About egiptians I was refering to rooth canal work made in gold to such minute detail that it is impossible to reproduce now

Egiptians did have cocaine so maybe that was one of the pain killer use as it is today but it was lost to us till same pig headed dude found South America stopping his way to China;)

From Wikypedia Quote>
The Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) has yielded evidence of dentistry being practiced as far back as 7000 BC.[15] IVC sites in Pakistan indicate that this earliest form of dentistry involved curing tooth related disorders with bow drills operated, perhaps, by skilled bead craftsmen.[16] The reconstruction of this ancient form of dentistry showed that the methods used were reliable and effective.[17]

A Sumerian text from 5000 BC describes a "tooth worm" as the cause of dental caries.[18] Evidence of this belief has also been found in ancient India, Egypt, Japan, and China. The legend of the worm is also found in the writings of Homer, and as late as the 14th century AD the surgeon Guy de Chauliac still promoted the belief that worms cause tooth decay.[19]

The Edwin Smith Papyrus, written in the 17th century BC but which may reflect previous manuscripts from as early as 3000 BC, includes the treatment of several dental ailments.[20][21] In the 18th century BC, the Code of Hammurabi referenced dental extraction twice as it related to punishment.[22] Examination of the remains of some ancient Egyptians and Greco-Romans reveals early attempts at dental prosthetics and surgery.[23]Ancient Greek scholars Hippocrates and Aristotle wrote about dentistry, including the eruption pattern of teeth, treating decayed teeth and gum disease, extracting teeth with forceps, and using wires to stabilize loose teeth and fractured jaws.[24] Some say the first use of dental appliances or bridges comes from the Etruscans from as early as 700 BC.[25] Further research suggested that 3000 B.C. In ancient Egypt, Hesi-Re is the first named “dentist” (greatest of the teeth). The Egyptians bind replacement teeth together with gold wire. Roman medical writer Cornelius Celsus wrote extensively of oral diseases as well as dental treatments such as narcotic-containing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentistry

Quote from http://www.mummytombs.com/news/2000/12.egypt.cocaine.htm
Cocaine residue was recently found in samples taken from a 4,000 year old Egyptian mummies, again raising the possibility that ancient Egyptians had contact with South America.

These results, from a German study conducted by Svetlana Balabanova, are quite controversial. If true, ancient Egyptians would have had contact with trade partners in Columbia, Bolivia, and Peru. For this reason, some historians and scientists discount the findings. Nonetheless, many researchers will be looking for more definitive data.

Stay tuned for further results.

Going to try and find Dr Paine phone number Just in case ...

Last edited:
The problem with the Cro-magnon circuit is that the input JFet's are transformed into a CCS with the Cartridge impedance as a gate-stopper..that means the currents and thus the offeset will seek the borders and saturate the transistors used for casocodes.

Honestly I can't see it work...With ideal current scources then YES...With Real life components...NO Or somebody more creative than me must wake up and give us a feasible way. ... There's an ultimate need to separate the signal form the DC.

I have made a new circuit. ..Where we have a singleton input, no feedback, /RiAA needs a little tweaking (here it's withing 2dB)..

To get something like this working we must have a way to assemble the signal in one node in a way where thermal current changes are reflected at both rails. otherwise it's all over the place. that's why I have made top and down mirrors so We assemble the same DC current in one central node. Top mirror carries the signal single-ended as well as the driving current, All is in a loop feed by the cascoded Jfet CCS within the loop...

Attachments

• Riaa-1.JPG
    Riaa-1.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I agree with Bipolars it's totally different. because there you dont have the current fighting from the self-biasing Jfets.. With bipolars you can balance the circuit.

Its also possible to use the same current source to mirror in the top and down driving currents.. just have to use different scaling resistors. A servo could then be injected there to compensate for thermal drift.