MPP

Finally had time to start to assemble my Paradise preamp boards. Both shunt supplies section are working fine. I tested them using a simulated preamp load, and was able to check my pre-reg and rc-filer small pcb as a complete circuit. That confirmed that the pre-reg pcb is ok, and with the specified parts, the RC filter drop resistor gives me 26.5V at the input of the preamp insuring that the shunt heatsink is not too hot. I'll continue the assembly of the preamp.

Attachments

• Paradise_Parts_List_small.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Pre-Reg & RC_Filter_on Test.jpg
    Pre-Reg & RC_Filter_on Test.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 285
  • RC_Filter_SB.jpg
    RC_Filter_SB.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 284
  • RC-Filter.jpg
    RC-Filter.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 256
Finally had time to start to assemble my Paradise preamp boards. Both shunt supplies section are working fine. I tested them using a simulated preamp load, and was able to check my pre-reg and rc-filer small pcb as a complete circuit. That confirmed that the pre-reg pcb is ok, and with the specified parts, the RC filter drop resistor gives me 26.5V at the input of the preamp insuring that the shunt heatsink is not too hot. I'll continue the assembly of the preamp.

Very nice :) very nice, high five - YouTube

Installed all the preamp parts, all matched per sections. Here my readings, I'll check the RIAA curve accuracy this evening. Since everything is well balanced, I guest it is working fine.

Supplies +/-18V, 150ma ea

TP3= +14.5V TP5, 6= +16.36V
TP4= -14.5V TP9,10= -16.36V

Each Gain Cell transistor, each emitter resistor V=115mv (3.5ma each)

Vin = 0mv (adjusted with R1)

Vout: DC offset keeps changing around +/-25mv

Gain: 61.4dB at 1Khz
Vout max: 30Vpk-pk

It does not bear much secrets. The line stgae is very similar to the " Rose" i posted here.
Our friend from Poland Marcin and i work on a DIY version of the Rose, also on the power buffer i published. We called that " Progress". Any time soon we wil have a preamp and power buffer you can build. Then we have a complete chain, phono-pre-power.
Another guy on DIY ( Sergio Santos ) is working on a DA converter and i already made a filter-buffer for EUVLs ESS board.