MPP

mosfet

Today is the day ...

..electronic choke based on mosfet? - seems there was topic on this on DIYA..

Attachments

• electronic-choke.gif
    electronic-choke.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Yes Bas Horneman wrote something about an E-choke.

Bas if so, can you help me with the link?

TIA,

José
Audiofanatic :)

This is the one link, I did not see it before, and the site shows no schema. My guess? It’s a cap multiplier :) The 'Area 51' component does not use cap(s).

Edit 1; DiyAudio thread is http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/183476-electronic-choke-2.html#post2475231. It is (more or less) an cap multiplier

Edit 2; From the site 'Price: € 57,98 excl. VAT'. I think it is a bit expensive.

Edit 3; You can get low priced one's at http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Elektronisch...7&clk_rvr_id=307856534320&hash=item19c2ae5c87

Last edited:
'Area 51' soon ...

:DI have won the chiken then ?:D

(did not want to post to soon and spoil the fun still made it first i recon)

No, you did not (it is not a MosFet). Any way naming a single component from the multitude of components in there (total value 3 Euro's) would not make you a winner. By that measure I will say 'Is there a resistor in there' and I would have won. It's pity that I am excluded from the chicken race :)

Yes, i know Andrew. In his room i heard the second best sound i ever heard at a show.
It was a life in the studio master recording of Bob Scaggs with 24bit and very high sampling rate. The DA converter was a huge Pacific Microsonics and the big TAD speakers where 2-way Biamped with Pass electronics.
The best sound i ever heard at a show was Apogee Duettas with Krell. The turntable was an Oracle with magnetic bearing arm and a Koetsu. That was a moment of truth. I simply was there with the performers in the recording venue.

‘Area 51’ device revealed

Dear All,

Today is the day, now is the time :)

First let’s see the specifications of the ‘Area 51’ component.

Input voltage 0…N Volt
Output voltage 0…15V (depends on device type, this one is a 15V device)
Output current 0…3A (depends on device type, this is a 3A device)

The device is connected between the rectifiers and the buffer capacitors.

The amount of time that current can flow into the buffer capacitor depends on the difference of specified voltage between the transformer and the device, when a transformer of 25V pp is selected for the 15V ‘Area 51’ component it will transfer current for about 50% of the cycle (50% is optimal).

As the attached graphs show, the ‘Area 51’ component improves power supply performance by about 40 dB on all specifications (when compared with the standard power supply).

Regards,
Frans.

Attachments

• Area 51 - Non Puls Power Supply V1.asc.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Area 51 - Non Puls Power Supply V1.PNG
    Area 51 - Non Puls Power Supply V1.PNG
    89.1 KB · Views: 324