MOX - active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jens,

Couple of problems.

1. For both the HP and LP, the buffer is connected to the NI input, not the output!

2. No DC ground path at the inputs of IC2 and IC14 (both sets of inputs for both opamps)

And one comment:

If you provide a pad on the end of R002, jumperable to ground, you at least make it easier to use with balanced input. I support the general idea of not providing balanced out for simplicity's sake, but since adding balanced in only requires 2 more pads, why not?

Schematics

Hello,

<
1. For both the HP and LP, the buffer is connected to the NI input, not the output!
<
This is done to remove the different gains that set the Q of the filter - is it a bad idea?

<
2. No DC ground path at the inputs of IC2 and IC14 (both sets of inputs for both opamps)
<
Not sure what you mean by this - please explain

<
If you provide a pad on the end of R002, jumperable to ground, you at least make it easier to use with balanced input. I support the general idea of not providing balanced out for simplicity's sake, but since adding balanced in only requires 2 more pads, why not?
<
I'll do that ASAP - nice idea thanks :)

Try looking at this : http://www.delta-audio.com/Active_Filter_One/Sallen_And_Key_ver_1.0.pdf last page

\Jens

I am looking around for suitable Polypropylene or polystyrene capacitors for use in a customised version of the Mox.

Has anyone had any experience with the Panasonic P Series Polypropolene capcitors DigiKey Capacitors Part no P3103-ND used in active crossovers?

They are rated @ 50 volts and measure 8x4x7 mm, idea for pcb mounting.

The size and quality appear to attractive compared to large exotic capacitors. Altuallly I recall these are used in the Pearl RIAA Phono stage..

macka

Attachments

• capacitors.jpg
    capacitors.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,362
macka said:
Has anyone had any experience with the Panasonic P Series Polypropolene capcitors DigiKey Capacitors Part no P3103-ND used in active crossovers?
macka

I used them as bypass caps/ input caps in amps and I love them. They all measured the constant same values within 3% of stated spec. Good external quality look and feel. Highly recommended

Chris

Yeah,

Well on listening to the Pearl I am impressed given the signal goes through them and the RIAA is particularly accurate.

While on the capacitor hunt I am considering the Blackgate N series for coupling (10uf 50Vdc)

Ian

Attachments

• panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,283
Is there lack of interest?

Hello,

Since there has been no or very little response to the work done so far, I’m not going to pursue the project any further.

Thanks for the input given so far

The page and info on the construction of the filter will be removed from my homepage and a new page will be started with a filter for prototyping that meets my own needs based on my original project.

\Jens

I couldn't check the layouts you proposed (since I'm very busy with the Schuro-Reichelt group buy and the things to do to prepare my wedding:att'n: ) but I confirm my interest in the MOX.

The response so far is probably low because probably not everyone understood that, besides working on your personal xover, you are still offering to make boards based on the MOX.

Cheers

Andrea

Jens,

I think there is not much for people to comment about at the moment...the design specs are fixed, the layout is not controversial, and PCB routing isn't available for comment. If you decide to continue I do have a few comments but I haven't had the time in the last 24 hours to formulate them.

Perhaps a wiki should be setup to gauge the interest...people may not have comments but would like to buy boards. There were quite a few signups for the intial, aborted specs. For the record, I was thinking I would want 10 or so such boards.

If you are not interested in continuing I will probably take up the standard of a group order, so maybe you will be willing to pass on some of the work done to date.

MOX filter,

Hi,

When the schematics and PCB are done, Ill post the gerber files for the PCB and A PDF of the schematics. Then someone else can set up a group order.

I don't have time for more projects right now, bacause I'm starting a new job. Therefor someone else with more time should set up the group order.

fair enough?

\Jens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.