Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everything seems to be delayed, not just Mouser. The Digikey order I placed mid last week just came in yesterday - the one I placed in January before all this started was delivered in 2 days. The order I placed to Tube Amp Doctor (Germany) on Monday this week came in *with the Digikey order*.

Yeah it could be a while before Mouser gets back on track, so plan accordingly. One thing I found, is it will show stock when purchased, then when it comes time to pick, parts are out of stock and you can not react to find a sub because you do not find out til it gets shipped. Oh well not too much you can do about that case.
At this point in time if you need something fast I'd advised to use Digi-Key, or others, might have to pay a little bit more, marginal imo :)

Pcbs from China are taking a few days longer, DHL is on time.

Several times during this pandemic I’ve had orders come in damn fast. Like they were all sitting around the warehouse with nothing to do, then along comes an order and it’s the highlight of the day so they get to it pronto.

Then the weather went to hell in a hand basket and all domestic shipping ground to a halt - and hasn’t seemed to come back to full speed/capacity yet several weeks later.

Wow what a lot of whiners! I can still get an order from Mouser to Perth quicker than orders within Australia.

Annoying isn't it? But it's been like that as long as I can remember. Not just electronics but any merchandise.

If you do need something in a hurry and don't mind paying for 5 or 10, RS is sometimes surprisingly fast.

We had a severe weather event a couple weeks ago that made a mess out of a large part of the southwest USA. Some places still do not have power or a clean water supply. Mouser's main facility was right in the middle of that mess, as was Fedex's main hub for the southwest part of the US.

That might explain why I just received an email saying that my latest order will be delayed.

I think all of you are saying that Mouser and Digi-Key employees should be deemed essential workers so they can get vaccinated ASAP and we can get those quick orders back on track. :)

I think Digi-Key employees are considered essential in Minnesota. My company is a manufacturer in Minnesota and as of today, everyone in our company has gotten their first of two shots.

Hard to work a warehouse job from home. My company is considered “essential” but since I can work from home I ain’t gettin no shot till probably October because there’s no immediate “need”.

Besides, I’ve already had the damn bug. Only sick for one miserable day, then down for 14 days of quarantine. What’s far worse was getting hit by a car on my bike 3 weeks ago and breaking a collarbone and some ribs. That’s keeping me off the bike far longer than COVID. Stuck at home working on a long backlog of electronics projects - and spending way more than usual at Digikey and others....

I've seen some of those bills... Wow. Keep in mind, we do have chargeable items in hospitals but they aren't medical. They charge you like 10$ a day for a telephone. About the same for a tv with cable. If you want private instead of ward you pay extra for that. But nobody gets a paper cut and comes home with a bill for 25 grand!

We have "no fault" auto insurance here... You claim through your own insurance whether or not you're at fault. We also have expensive auto insurance in Ontario (It's private, for profit) compared to Québec and their public auto insurance... I'd pay about half as much if I moved to Montréal, but more for fuel and parking.

I still haven’t gotten all the medical bills from the crash - just the ER but all those scans can add up. When I do, I’’ll be filing with the driver’s insurance.....

The guy who hit me years back didn't have insurance. My insurance had to cover it. Have since increased my insurance on such types of claims threefold. Added almost nothing to the cost.

The worst bicycle accident I have seen occured at dawn. A fellow was struck in a construction zone. Passed by several cars until I stopped and called the emergency services. Lesson learned, bicycle ourfits all in black without any high visibility clothing or lights is not a good idea!

On topic all my mouser orders have come in. Delays seem to be down to a day or two.

Last edited:
Give Mouser a break on these shipping delays. It all comes down to people trying to do their jobs around an infrastructure collapse. The storm has a body count and people didn't have utilities for days during freezing conditions. Grocery stores were emptied out. During those times going to work would be my last priority.

Agreed. This has been a perfect storm (no pun intended) of weather, covid, overworked people and the excessive online shopping. Not to mention the power outage.

Mouser seems to have been hit the worst, but all my parts suppliers are showing some kind of delay.

According to Johnc124 , at TI order picking is done by robots ( OPA1656: High-Performance CMOS Audio Op Amp #463 , last paragraph)
So I'm guessing at big companies like Mouser , a lot ( not all) is done by robots . So no covid , less overworked people , weather , what weather ?
Sure when electricity and heating stops , robots are no good either.
So it's more a question of transport of the goods to and from the distribution center.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.