Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Here's my most recent Mouser order, on some connectors made by TE Connectivity which Mouser sells individually but Arrow will only sell in lots of 1000 :( . Shipment will be from Mouser/Texas to Me/California .

08 March: order uploaded to Mouser.com website

13 March: notice received: EXTENDED WAREHOUSE PROCESSING TIME has delayed my order CAUSED BY PEAK VOLUME

15 March: notice received: WE HAVE BEGUN TO PICK YOUR ORDER FROM OUR WAREHOUSE SHELVES

They said absolutely nothing about FedEx or weather or transportation delays. Just a whole shiattload of orders in Mouser's warehouse. My order sat idle, in Mouser's warehouse queue for 5 days, before it could be Picked. If their guess is correct and I do receive the parcel on 17 March, that's a total of 9 days after the 08 March order date.

For what it's worth. Here is some up-to-the-minute current data on their Texas warehouse thruput. Images below.

_

Attachments

• date_8.png
    date_8.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 255
  • date_13.png
    date_13.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 255
  • date_15.png
    date_15.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 251
Same here more or less for Mouser, one order was posted as shipped last night, order placed last Monday, so one week for me.
FedEx is back to regular service times for me, a day, two max, excellent service as usual
At least Mouser is notifying us of these delays and communicating to us the day they plan to pick so I give them credit for these notifications

How quickly people forget, and then all of the things you couldn't get no matter where you looked.

You mean like getting MJ15024’s? None of the distributors that would just sell to anybody carried Motorola parts rated over 80 volts. Could get the low voltage **** any day of the week for cheap from any number of mail order houses. But you can’t build “real” amplifiers with those. Then Consolidated and MCM came along and changed all that. Sanken LAPTs. C3281, D424 from Toshiba. And all long before the fakery was rampant.

The US company I have been using is now about $15 for 140 X 215 mm boards and almost $10 for 125 X 125 mm.

JLCPCB is less than half that including shipping. DHL will not deliver here

DHL ships to DPRK! How is it they don't deliver to you!

I ordered a cheap textbook from India about 3 years ago. It got from India to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in 3 days. After about 10 more days I get an email from DHL that states that they have a package for me with an invalid address could I please provide the correct address. I provided it, and they again told me that there is no such address.

I then pasted in a copy of the results of a Google search for my address containing a picture of the house, then I grabbed a screen shot from my phone of turn by turn directions from the Pittsburgh DHL hub to my house. I sent these to DHL, and they promptly dropped the book into a USPS envelope and mailed it to me. That was probably cheaper than sending a driver here, 70 miles each way.

OK, I have changed my opinion of DHL. Yes, they charged me $97 to deliver my boards, but they were tracked every step of the way, and were delivered to my house 1 day earlier than their scheduled date.

The Fedex quote was about $70 with a longer delivery time, which they miss at least half the time here.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Their main problem is they don't manage their stock in real time. So you can buy on stock goods when you click that are in the end out of stock 2 days later when they shipp... I often wait 3 to 5 months to have the end of the order !

That would be atypical of my experience with Mouser, I've generally found them on par with DigiKey except over the past month or so.

I'm pretty sure their stock management is real time or close to it, they've never not informed me when I went to place an order that a part was out of stock before I placed the order. I have had the experience particularly with DigiKey where I will select a part in short supply and by the time I complete the order they're gone, but I've always received a warning.

There are some things like Neutrik connectors that are easier to get from Mouser than anywhere else in the U.S as well as certain semiconductors like ICs from THAT Corp that I use in some of my designs.

Texas is probably still pretty messed up at the moment due to the recent weather crisis. It's dropped out of the news but that does not mean they are not still affected by its aftermath.

Let's all just pile on!

These guys are all way more customer friendly than the people I dealt with 30+ years ago, and none of us are going to die if a part we need for a project takes a bit longer than we'd like. I imagine they are prioritizing certain critical customers when resources are tight as well. (Like medical equipment makers)

I personally prefer DigiKey, but Mouser is about as good IMO at what they do.

On the DHL front I have generally had an excellent experience, their shipments from China to me are always on time, and often a day or two ahead of time. FedEx has generally been good as well.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
nothing to do with the weather as it was few month ago and I received my last parcell 1 month ago maybe.

It happened to me several times these last years. In the meantimes, I'm not a big customer with my one or two command a year.

Maybe it is made possible by the fact they have several warehouses. Anyway, serious company and very good local customer services where I live in Europe. first parcell is very fast in the mailbox whatever it is complete or not.

Fedex where I live is more eficient than DHL... local suppliers are different, there are a lot of turnover as well in the end of the supplychain.

Last edited:
When i started ordering from Mouser i was impressed by the very short turn-around times. Orders placed on friday morning were delivered on Monday morning - 72 hours from Texas to germany! Faster then any local parts shop.

Now it takes up to two weeks for my order to show up. And i learned that you better dont try to change your backorders... I asked to delete one of two items that were backorderd. I have been told that it is not possible to delete single lines out of an order. I was offered to withdraw the whole order or nothing. I told them to leave it like it is - and some hours later I received a confirmation that my order was cancelled. Frustrating.. I dropped another message and they answered me that is not possible to set this order up again. I would have to place a new order. I asked for free shipping because of all the trouble and they agreed. Received an order confirmation but i had to pay via bank transfer.. Like in the middle ages.. Okay, i paid my order and now i had to drop a mail to mouser to confirm my order. Ten days later the status of my order is "waiting for payment" despite all the mails i have sent since then..

Lesson learned: buying at Mouser is flawless, but as soon as you have to communicate with Mouser Germany things get very complicated..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.