Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tend to prefer Digikey because they ship to Germany via UPS - which means I can redirect packages to pick them up at a local UPS Access Point. Much more convenient for me personally. But then again, never had the slightest problem with Mouser either (they ship via FedEx to Germany).

Well to Europe they you to deal with the import taxes somehow. Usually they offer free DDP shipping for qualifying orders over a selected carrier. For Mouser it's FedEx, for Digikey it's UPS, for Arrow it's DHL Express . Sure you can choose a different one, but you might not get free shipping AND you will have to deal with the import duties/process yourself.

99% of my Digikey shipments come from Grand Forks, ND or Thief River Falls. MN depending on where you look, they route through FedEx's main hub in Memphis, TN, and then enter Canada probably at Buffalo
or Niagara Falls, for processing in Mississauga, then sent to the delivery facility in Don Mills. Usually this takes one overnight, not three :)
I think I saw a package come through Winnipeg once.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-03-28 10-04-07.png
    Screenshot from 2021-03-28 10-04-07.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don’t think Digikey ships from Canada, they just have a Canadian website where the customs fees are built into the prices you see. Whenever I’ve looked my Digikey orders come through Memphis, even though Thief River Falls is only a couple hours southeast of us. Pretty amazing service—-orders placed even before 6pm arrive at my house the next day, usually before 10am. I prefer Digikey to Canada because orders less than $100 are $8 shipping, whereas it’s $20 for Mouser.

I can confirm it is a week to get parts from Mouser. I had a big order in last night, it was >$400 and 40+ items, I spent an hour+ breaking it up into 3 separate orders as advised by Mouser. I thought it is nuts advise but I am doing it anyways. I tried to use Digi-key but many parts I use are not stocked at Digi-key and the subs are more $ so be it work arounds. Like I said before it is taking them a week to tell me the part I ordered in stock is now on back order which is the problem they should be addressing.
ecaps are an issue, huge BO's. one good thing is all the shelves are being emptied using up every possible sub :) need to spend time forecasting shortages, the good old days

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
OTOH I just canceled a box on Saturday and it arrived on Monday. (The tracking info from the vendor was 30+ hours late so when I tried to cancel it was already halfway here.)

Amazon Market is filling with "drop shippers". This one, "FluxLab" took my order, but they are really DealCo Of NYC, a small old office, and their 'dispatch team' for this order was Sams Club. Who had already taken the 12-packs out of the 8-carton, so threw the packs in a carton twice as big so the pastry would be beaten to crumbs on its 7-day trip.

Both Mouser and DigiKey seem to be running slow these days. For a while packages took a few days getting through the FedEx hub in Memphis, TN as well. Amazing what a little weather can do. :)

Mouser has been great even with COVID. Until early February this year, the longest delay I've had has been about a day. My first order in February was delayed by a day or two. Then the Texas snowstorm happened and the delay exploded. Both Mouser and Digikey now take the better part of a week to ship.

They both used to ship overnight. In the past, I've ordered from Digikey at 8PM Mountain time and had it on my doorstep the following morning by 10.30AM.

Oh, well. At least the stuff will arrive. I'll just plan for the delay.

There's also a run on electronic parts. Good luck finding any automotive qualified parts. Some call it the bullwhip effect.

Tom

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.