MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

hi apex sir ,
like this when i measured the emitor resistor voltage, any solution?

Attachments

• emitor resistor voltage diff from each other.jpg
    emitor resistor voltage diff from each other.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,249
................i measured the emitor resistor voltage, any solution?
the irf240 does not have an emitter.
For mosFET output stage it's variation in Vgs that leads to even bigger variations in Id and that shows when reading individual Vrs (voltage across the source resistor).
solution:- Take out all your FETs and select for equal Vgs at the operating current.
and that variation in Vgs for paralleled mosFETs is why it is absolutely important that devices be selected for very close Vgs at the target operating current for the amplifier output stage.
Am I wasting my time with unhelpful posts?

bad luck

the irf240 does not have an emitter.
solution:- Take out all your FETs and select for equal Vgs at the operating current.Am I wasting my time with unhelpful posts?

that is why i said:

don't mention it...

after his:

hi apex sir ,
like this when i measured the emitor resistor voltage, any solution?

he did not take us seariously;me mistaking and you correcting...

replace 470R trim-pot with 1k trim-pot and than adjust bias as you wish,or

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mplifier-irfp240-irfp9240-67.html#post3228580

yesterday i did some mesurments at home with APEX HV23 at about 11,5Ohm resistor. it has given to me 45V/3,55A , 48V/4,05A and 51V/4,33A without clipping. at 53V there was 4,5A but clipping appeared. this all was at 1kHz frequency from signal-generator and lasted for about 15sec per measuring voltage/current. i did about ten this mesuraments so the amp was really taken to it´s maximum limits. it has got heated up but not so much more than it gets when it reaches it´s working temperature. it has only been left to find someone willing to share it´s loudspeakers with my amplifier to test it "live" and with music program instead tone-generator.

Last edited:
not in my case because i have +/-75V supply. i can adjust it to a 100mA per pair but i don't have heatsinks to cool it down,also it sounds the same with 15 and 100mA bias so why to exaggerate.
i don't know how much power you will get with +/-63V supply,but it is to be expected about 200W/8R and 300W/4R load. let us know when you measure! :)