Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Tim,
Great work so far.
A quick question and possible bug;
Is there a way to backup your config before upgrading (2.5 TR1 to TR2)? I may have missed this in earlier posts.
I have a new 16Gb Class 10, SD card in with TR2 on have changed all settings to the same as TR1 but left expanding the SD until after the library had updated, (20,300 files in just over 8 minutes) but I cannot now get back in to system config to expand the card. I have rebooted twice since and still cannot get to any of the config sub pages. It just sits there on the configuration settings pop-up and although system is highlighted and you can see chrome trying to refresh, it just sits there. I can close the settings pop-up and run the customise options and that all works OK, as does the power and other function in the dropdown menu. I have also tried http://Moode/sys-config.php but get a server error. Everything else works; Browse, Library, Playback, Alarm clock, etc. I have also tried on other browsers and Android phone & Tablet. Has anyone else seen this? I'll reflash and try again.

Pi 2 and Logitech, Cmedia based USB audio card. Samsung Class 10 SD.

Best regards
Andy

Is seems that the links on the "Test Code" page still point to test release 1 (moode-sdimg-r25-tr1.zip).

Regards,
Andrea

Hi,

Possibly stale Browser cache?

Here is the actual code from server page testcode.html.

<li><a href="docs/relnotes-r25-tr2.txt" target="_blank">View</a> Release notes</li>
<li><a href="docs/readme-r25-tr2.txt" target="_blank">View</a> Setup guide</li>

Regards,
Tim

Moode 2.5 (TR2) up and running. Just for the records, the problem with the WiFi password is still there.

You can add HRT Music Streamer II+ to the list of the supported USB DACs. :)

A nice addition for the next release (at least for me), would be having python-mpd and python-rpi.gpio installed out of the box. In my player, I've a button connected to the GPIO pins of the RPi and I use a Python script to play/pause MPD when the button is pressed.

Thanks,
Andrea

The css file is where to start.

Hello all just wondered has anyone with a bit more intelligence than me written a python script to use a Raspberry Pi 7” Touchscreen only want whats playing to show up :)
Try Firefox development extensions (probably not on the pi itself) and then you should be able to change things temporarily, and finally update the css files permanently.
Please post your updates.

Hi Tim, unfortunately wifi setup didn't work from the GUI.
Where can I set up wifi manually?

nano /etc/network/interfaces so it looks something like this:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
#allow-hotplug eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid your-ssid
wpa-psk your-pre-shared-key

Change the ssid and PSK to suit your environment.

Then reboot.

Cheers, Phil

Last edited:
Hi Tommy,

I was thinking of a more feature rich UI with not only output switching but settings that make it easier to configure the filters and EQ settings. I'm not familiar enough with this to know what to include.

Regards,
Tim

Such an UI would be awesome ! You can include a browser to select the filter for the Left and Right channels (or a drop-down menu showing all the .wav that the selected folder contains), a gain setting and a bypass button to begin with...

A nice example, Reaverb from the DAW Reaper :

Reaper_Notes_2-1211.jpg

Such an UI would be awesome ! You can include a browser to select the filter for the Left and Right channels (or a drop-down menu showing all the .wav that the selected folder contains), a gain setting and a bypass button to begin with...

A nice example, Reaverb from the DAW Reaper :

Reaper_Notes_2-1211.jpg

Hi,

That looks like it might take more code than Moode itself :)

Still trying to get a feel for how to integrate something like BruteFIR...

Regards,
Tim

Tim

I've just installed TR2 on my RPi Zero with pHat DAC.
Everything works without issues except 3 things (see attached screen):

1. the tracks are in the wrong order (these don't seem to be sorted by the track nr in the metadata)
2. How do I add more tracks at one to the play list? In the TR1 version I could select add/replace all. Now, these options are gone.
3. I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at the bug in the artist list (the last 2 names are under the "Browse" button).

p.s. if you're thinking about the local languages support (as saw somewhere) - I can help with Polish, which is my native language.

update: item nr 1 seems to resolve by itself - refreshed the list after some time and the tracks were in the right order.

Thanks!

Marek

Attachments

• 2.5-TR2.png
    2.5-TR2.png
    101 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Tim

I've just installed TR2 on my RPi Zero with pHat DAC.
Everything works without issues except 3 things (see attached screen):

1. the tracks are in the wrong order (these don't seem to be sorted by the track nr in the metadata)
2. How do I add more tracks at one to the play list? In the TR1 version I could select add/replace all. Now, these options are gone.
3. I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at the bug in the artist list (the last 2 names are under the "Browse" button).

Thanks!

Marek

Hi Marek,

(1) I've been clicking through my giant test collection and I'm not able to repro the odd track order that you are seeing. I see the different numbering types below, all sorted ascending:

1/20, 2/20... or 1, 2... or 01, 02...

I'm thinking the weird sort is due to something in the track# tag in the files.

(2) Click on the cover art and u will get a menu with Add, Play and Clear/Play. These apply to whole Album or if u click on Genre or Artist then applies to that part of the collection.

(3) Artist list issue is bug. I'll investigate.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Marek,

(1) I've been clicking through my giant test collection and I'm not able to repro the odd track order that you are seeing. I see the different numbering types below, all sorted ascending:

1/20, 2/20... or 1, 2... or 01, 02...

I'm thinking the weird sort is due to something in the track# tag in the files.Tim

That one resolved by itself after some time (in mean time I've been rebuilding my library - so possibly that was the rootcause.

(2) Click on the cover art and u will get a menu with Add, Play and Clear/Play. These apply to whole Album or if u click on Genre or Artist then applies to that part of the collection.

Ha! That's clever! Indeed, it works as you say. Thanks! :)

(3) Artist list issue is bug. I'll investigate.

Regards,
Tim

Thanks again! :)

Marek