Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Tim

So far, everything works perfectly.
This week I'll be building next player (for the bedroom, since the last one will stay in the living room).
This time I'll use RPiZero and Plain DAC (with their minimal streamer case):

https://polyvection.com/guides/raspberry-pi-zero-minimal-streamer/

The case is not on sale at the moment, but I've got the test unit :)

Next step will be to add the lcd display to the living room one, since it will get bigger box (ex-cigar box) :)

Marek

Hi Tim!
This is some ideas about brutefir functions in the gui.
I,m just beginner with brutefir and propebly miss a lot :)
Maybe there is some one who can get good input to this.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/a...dedbycomputer-audiophile1442076815.654015.jpg

I did a working conf file for Run-time equaliser.
You can compare the default values from the screen dump.
Code:
## DEFAULT GENERAL SETTINGS ##
sampling_rate: 96000;
filter_length: 8192,4;
modules_path: "/usr/lib/brutefir";   # extra path where to find BruteFIR modules
convolver_config: "/home/pi/.brutefir_convolver"; # location of convolver config file

## LOGIC ##
logic: "eq" {

{
bands: "ISO octave";
magnitude: 31.5/3, 63/4, 125/2, 250/1, 500/-1, 1000/-1, 2000/-1, 4000/-1, 8000/-1,16000/-1;#band/db
phase: 31.5/0, 63/0, 125/0, 250/0, 500/0, 1000/0, 2000/0, 4000/0, 8000/0,16000/0; #phase/delay set to zero: 
coeff: "lcoeff", "rcoeff";
};

};
## COEFFS ##

coeff "lcoeff" {
    filename: "dirac pulse";
        shared_mem: true;

};

coeff "rcoeff" {

};

## INPUT S/PDIF

input "d_leftin", "d_rightin" {
    device: "file" {path: "/dev/stdin";};
    sample: "S32_LE";
    channels: 2/0,1;

};

## OUTPUT analog, S/PDIF

output "d_leftout", "d_rightout" {
    device: "alsa" { device: "hw:0"; ignore_xrun: true; };
    sample: "S24_LE";
#    delay: 0,0;
#    dither: true;
};

## FILTERS ##

filter "leftfilter" {
    from_inputs: "d_leftin";
    to_outputs: "d_leftout";
#    coeff: -1;
    coeff: "lcoeff";
};

filter "rightfilter" {
    from_inputs: "d_rightin";
    to_outputs: "d_rightout";
    coeff: "rcoeff";
};

Radio button for the phase controll 0-180.
A separate button for use separate (.brutefirdirac_config)if you for example
want to use Room Correction.

Regards Tommy

Is there a way to show latest added songs to library?
I see many scripts around that tail mpd.log... is there a way to expose recently added songs in moode UI?

it happens to add new albums to the library (=so new that i forget the artist or album name:D), and then I forget to listen them...

also what about having song/album ratings (e.g. 5 stars) stored in db?

:shutup: I know, it's lots of work :angel:

Hi
I've just plugged a Pi in to an IQ Audio Amp+ to make a little internet radio. Three questions please:

1. Which pins should I connect a rotary encoder to for volume control?
2. Is it possible to add a safe shutdown script and button to Moode?
3. How can I add Classic FM as a radio stream?

Many thanks for your help
Ed

Hi
I've just plugged a Pi in to an IQ Audio Amp+ to make a little internet radio. Three questions please:

1. Which pins should I connect a rotary encoder to for volume control?
2. Is it possible to add a safe shutdown script and button to Moode?
3. How can I add Classic FM as a radio stream?

Many thanks for your help
Ed

Classic FM is to be found at

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3.m3u

Is there a way to show latest added songs to library?
I see many scripts around that tail mpd.log... is there a way to expose recently added songs in moode UI?

it happens to add new albums to the library (=so new that i forget the artist or album name:D), and then I forget to listen them...

also what about having song/album ratings (e.g. 5 stars) stored in db?

:shutup: I know, it's lots of work :angel:

Very good idea! Or latest add Album ;)

Daniel

Hi,

I'm having a few problems and wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

1) Got the thing playing with a HifiBerry+. Sounded great yesterday, but today I've got no sound. Moode appears to be playing, countdown/timing is changing, tracks switch from one to the next, but totally silent. I've checked cables, connections, hard drive, power, etc. and everything seems to be fine otherwise. Is there some non-obvious mute function I've missed? I don't remember seeing a list of the correct settings for this dac, but I've definitely got it selected in the setup. I'm a little unclear about the hardware/software volumes settings, but I've tried it both ways and no sound is coming out either way.

2) It seems like everybody else on here gets it just fine, but I'm a little confused by the interface. On most players I've used,you just navigate to your tune/artist/album/folder and then hit play, but Moode seems to want me to "add" the song/etc. rather than play. Does this mean songs will only play when added to the list on the Playback page? If so, seems a little roundabout to me. I understand building a playlist, but is that one the only possible one? I don't see an option to start new ones.

3) A question also about what constitutes a local network. I've got a wireless router feeding a WAP, so two parts of the network with different names. My laptop (Safari) seems to be able to access the Moode (which is connected to one wireless network) from either one, but my main computer (Firefox), which is on Ethernet connected to the router, can't find the moode player, either on moode.local or using the 192.168.1.x. Since I'm wanting to use it to listen to while I work, it seems to make sense to use the main computer to control it.

Thanks, Tim for all your hard work. Sorry to be obtuse, but that's just the way I'm built.

Hi,

I'm having a few problems and wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

1) Got the thing playing with a HifiBerry+. Sounded great yesterday, but today I've got no sound. Moode appears to be playing, countdown/timing is changing, tracks switch from one to the next, but totally silent. I've checked cables, connections, hard drive, power, etc. and everything seems to be fine otherwise. Is there some non-obvious mute function I've missed? I don't remember seeing a list of the correct settings for this dac, but I've definitely got it selected in the setup. I'm a little unclear about the hardware/software volumes settings, but I've tried it both ways and no sound is coming out either way.

2) It seems like everybody else on here gets it just fine, but I'm a little confused by the interface. On most players I've used,you just navigate to your tune/artist/album/folder and then hit play, but Moode seems to want me to "add" the song/etc. rather than play. Does this mean songs will only play when added to the list on the Playback page? If so, seems a little roundabout to me. I understand building a playlist, but is that one the only possible one? I don't see an option to start new ones.

3) A question also about what constitutes a local network. I've got a wireless router feeding a WAP, so two parts of the network with different names. My laptop (Safari) seems to be able to access the Moode (which is connected to one wireless network) from either one, but my main computer (Firefox), which is on Ethernet connected to the router, can't find the moode player, either on moode.local or using the 192.168.1.x. Since I'm wanting to use it to listen to while I work, it seems to make sense to use the main computer to control it.

Thanks, Tim for all your hard work. Sorry to be obtuse, but that's just the way I'm built.

Hi,

Firstly, try Moode 2.5 test release 2 (TR2) download listed under TEST CODE button at moodeaudio.org. This release has automatic ALSA volume configuration which is important for audio devices like Hifiberry DAC+ that have on-board hardware volume controllers :)

Here are optimal settings for Hifiberry DAC+

(1) Menu, Configure, MPD: Volume control = "Hardware", APPLY
(2) Menu, Customize, Logarithmic curve = "Yes" and Maximum volume % = 81, UPDATE

These settings provide a nice logarithmic volume curve and 0dB overall for the DAC+ when Moode volume knob at 100.

With regard to your issues/questions:

(1) Could be (a) MPD volume set to "Software" and ALSA volume 0 or very low or (b) MPD volume set to "Hardware" and Logarithmic curve = "No" which would yield low output between 0 - 50 on the volume knob.

(2) Yes, songs and radio stations are always internally added to the Playlist. Its a common design for MPD based players and makes switching between radio stations and songs very convenient :)

If u press the arrow icon on left of header u will see the "Save" feature on bottom. Saved playlists are listed on the Browse panel.

(3) The symptom "...can't find the moode player, either on moode.local or using the 192.168.1.x." suggests a network configuration issue. If IP address cannot be reached then host names "moode"or "moode.local" won't work ether. I would check your Router logs to see if there is an indication why the IP address cannot be reached.

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Tim's already told you the short answer. This is a networking issue, not a MoOde Player issue. Google/Bing/Yahoo, etc., search engines are your friends when it comes to resolving issues with multiple access-point wireless networks.

If you still have problems then you'll need to give us more information.

As I read item 3, you have two access points (one the "wireless router" and one the "WAP") but beyond that things get murky.

What is the specific configuration of your network, e.g., are your two access points running in master and repeater mode on one net, or as masters on different subnets, or? What are the IP addresses of your main, laptop, and MoOde Player computers?

Also, what OSes are running on your laptop (one might infer OS X given that Safari is the browser) and on your main computer? Can the main computer "see" the laptop and the laptop the main computer?

The reason the OS is an important clue is the MoOde Player is providing mDNS service (the avahi daemon) as do OS X hosts and many Linux hosts. Windows is late to the game (apparently Microsoft is in the process of adding mDNS to Windows 10). I believe the asymmetry you see between the laptop and the main computer "finding" the player is expected if the laptop is running OS X and the main computer Windows.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Tim!
This is some ideas about brutefir functions in the gui.
I,m just beginner with brutefir and propebly miss a lot :)
Maybe there is some one who can get good input to this.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/a...dedbycomputer-audiophile1442076815.654015.jpg

I did a working conf file for Run-time equaliser.
You can compare the default values from the screen dump.
Code:
modules_path: "/usr/lib/brutefir";   # extra path where to find BruteFIR modules
convolver_config: "/home/pi/.brutefir_convolver"; # location of convolver config file

## LOGIC ##
logic: "eq" {

{
magnitude: 31.5/3, 63/4, 125/2, 250/1, 500/-1, 1000/-1, 2000/-1, 4000/-1, 8000/-1,16000/-1;#band/db
phase: 31.5/0, 63/0, 125/0, 250/0, 500/0, 1000/0, 2000/0, 4000/0, 8000/0,16000/0; #phase/delay set to zero: 
};

};
## COEFFS ##

coeff "lcoeff" {

};

coeff "rcoeff" {

};

## INPUT S/PDIF

};

## OUTPUT analog, S/PDIF

};

## FILTERS ##

filter "leftfilter" {
};

filter "rightfilter" {
};
Radio button for the phase controll 0-180.
A separate button for use separate (.brutefirdirac_config)if you for example
want to use Room Correction.

Regards Tommy

Little more info about brute conf. :)

New conf file, you can switch value in run time (eq) with the CLI.

You can use a simple comand as
echo "lmc eq 0 mag 31.5/6, 63/5, 125/4, 250/5" | nc localhost 3000

magnitude to 6 dB at 31.5 Hz 5 db at 63 Hz etc

Code:

## LOGIC ##

logic:  "cli" { port: 3000; }, "eq"   {
        debug_dump_filter: "/tmp/rendered-%d";
        {
            #bands: "ISO 1/3 octave";
            magnitude: 31.5/6, 63/5, 125/4, 250/1, 500/-1, 1000/-1, 2000/-1, 4000/-1, 8000/-1,16000/-1;
                        phase: 31.5/0, 63/0, 125/0, 250/0, 500/0, 1000/0, 2000/0, 4000/0, 8000/0,16000/0;            
        };
                };

## COEFFS ##

coeff "lcoeff" {

};

coeff "rcoeff" {

};

## INPUT S/PDIF

};

## OUTPUT analog, S/PDIF

};

## FILTERS ##

filter "leftfilter" {
};

filter "rightfilter" {
};

Best regards Tommy

Dear Tim,

is it possible to play from soundcloud via the moode WebUI? As far as I understand mpd, the following works:

e.g.
mpc load soundcloud://url/soundcloud.com/svenvath69/sets/trumpsta
mpc play

Thus where can soundcloud URLs be inserted and in which way?

thanks and best
leo

Hi Leo,

I'm not familiar with Soundcloud but I did compile MPD with the Soundcloud plugin. The playlist referenced by the url contained 25 EDM tracks, nice!

Where did u get the url?

Regards,
Tim

Is there currently or will there ever be any easy way to integrate a Moode install with openelec/kodi?

Hi,

I recall a couple of posts where user created a dual boot config and suggested a setting in Moode that would run a user defined script at reboot. His script booted to partition that had OSMC (I think).

I have the "setting to run user defined script at reboot" on my TODO list and eventually I'll get to it :)

Dual boot may be only way to run Moode and another media app on a single image since each requires a specific OS and component configuration

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

I recall a couple of posts where user created a dual boot config and suggested a setting in Moode that would run a user defined script at reboot. His script booted to partition that had OSMC (I think).

Post #1311 by kdan comes to mind. I didn't try it but it taught me something I didn't know about the RPi. Sweet.

Of course, switching between two boot configs would have to be triggered before reboot, however, not after, because of the nature of the RPi boot sequence.

I wish the RPi used U-boot instead of its funky proprietary boot code so I could boot from the network, but I have to work with what I've got.

Regards,
Kent

Dear Tim,

Moode 2.5 Test Release 2 (TR2):

I can't get cover image of one radio station... Can you try "SomaFM - Mission Control" and tell me if you can see cover image? I haven't any problem with other stations, only with this one (which I like very much :)).

Purged cache of Firefox, trying fresh links from SomaFM site, "mpc -q clear" in putty, installed new Java... Tryed from another PC and from Android tablet - nothing... :(

Thanks in advance.